My switch is a "phone" and I can not log in through web

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-05 02:13:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

This is weird...

I got my TP-Link TL-SG108E yesterday, and was initially very happy. And then the problems started!

After installing the admin utility, I changed the IP to match the network I am on. Then logged in and did some other changes. All fine, all working.

Then I wanted to try the web interface. Using the same username and password. But no luck. And the weirdest thing of all, is that the login box for the web interface say the unit is an "Enterprise IP phone SIP-T19P" !!

I downloaded the latest firmware and tried installing it. And got a fail. The utility could then not detect it anymore. Fortunately, I could just pull the power and the utility detected the switch after that.

After poking around the internet a little, I found something about doing the upgrade while using the standard IP. So I did a reset of the switch, changed the IP of my laptop and suddenly, I got a very different login for the web interface! This time I could log in using the default. I managed to upgrade the firmware, and then changed the user and IP address from the web interface.

After setting my laptop back to the normal IP, I again tried logging on via web. And I was back to the weird phone login!

So I am not able to log in via web. Just the TP-Link utility.

Anyone seen this behaviour?
Options
4 Reply
Re:My switch is a "phone" and I can not log in through web
2018-04-05 18:55:35
If you set a device to a fixed IP address, you better choose one that is outside your router's DHCP numbers range. Better yet, if your router supports that, leave the device on DHCP client mode, and teach your router's DHCP server to always give it the same IP address.
Options
2018-04-06 02:22:15
I see I omitted a couple of details in my first post.

Model: TP-Link TL-SG108E
Hardware version: 3.0
Firmware version: 1.0.0 Build 20171214 Rel. 70905
I do not know what ISP or color means in this context...
Options
2018-04-06 02:24:12

Peter M wrote

If you set a device to a fixed IP address, you better choose one that is outside your router's DHCP numbers range. Better yet, if your router supports that, leave the device on DHCP client mode, and teach your router's DHCP server to always give it the same IP address.

Thank you for responding, Peter.

There is no DHCP on this network. Only fixed addresses. And there is no address conflict :-)

Do you have any ideas regarding the problem I describe?
Options
2018-04-10 10:09:36
Try calling some other phone using your switch. If it doesn't work, there is definitely an IP conflict. :D
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 701

Replies: 4