Tp-130 What am I doing wrong this time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-11 03:07:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
I'm confused.
Bought two tp-130 an connected them to my google home mini. Worked perfectly, and they still works great.
Then bought two new tp-130 and expected it to be as easy. (meanwhile I've bought a second google home) - but apart from that nothing has changed.

Connecting the two new tp-130 has not worked at all. Have tried from android, iphone, ipad.
For a few minutes I had some sort of control from my phone, but I quickly run in in no conection, and no other choise apart from reesetting the bulp and starting over.

I have tried connecting directly to the lightbulps wifi aswell.

I've added some printscreens from my struggels :)

I hope someone has a few ideas

Greetings from Denmark
Thomas

Options
10 Reply
Re:Tp-130 What am I doing wrong this time
2018-04-11 09:32:02
It's working properly through kasa locally, right?
When you try to enable remote control, it failed to enable it?
Try to update the FW of the bulbs and Kasa APP. Then, try again.
Options
2018-04-12 01:24:39
HiThanks for your reply. No, it does not work on Kasa. Only a few times for a very short moment I've had contact through the app. It has tried to update the bulps while installing, but with no luck, and it ask for updates the next time I try installing...

Enson Loo wrote

It's working properly through kasa locally, right? When you try to enable remote control, it failed to enable it?Try to update the FW of the bulbs and Kasa APP. Then, try again.
Options
2018-07-21 21:07:25
taylorshaw and hellenjos have been members for almost an entire year! and yet they have posted nothing but spam (links) hidden in meaningless comments.

When when they be banned?
Options
2018-07-26 02:50:50
Did you ever get an answer? I have two of these lightbulbs. One on my front porch that works just fine. One outside my garage that I just can't get to connect. I have all the same issues you have. so frustrating.
Options
2018-07-26 16:12:04

LWarren wrote

Did you ever get an answer? I have two of these lightbulbs. One on my front porch that works just fine. One outside my garage that I just can't get to connect. I have all the same issues you have. so frustrating.

Do you even can't control it in local network?

Have you tried resetting the bulb and reconfigure it?

Try to power it on and off 5 times to reset firstly. then, reconfigure it.
Options
2018-07-27 03:31:48
It's very frustrating. It just wouldn't update. I ended up returning them and getting new ones. With exactly the same problem. Doh! I kept resetting them and tried to update them. I just close often but the update kept on 0%I tried several devices and os. I finally managed to update a bulp. I think it has to do with timing. The network cuts it off because of inactivity, and the update fails all the time. It might have been acting real fast that did the trick, but I'm only guessing. Good luck ?Greetings

LWarren wrote

Options
2018-07-27 12:38:59
If you were successful in setting up and updating one bulb, perhaps try setting up the new bulb in that location or someplace closer to your router. Once they're connected and upgraded to the latest firmware try moving them to the new location. The windows update application can sometimes be used to update older firmware first, then you can get them onto the latest level.
Options
2018-07-27 20:51:42
@TP_Link - good that you deleted their earlier spam posts from this thread, but you also need to ban them: taylorshaw and hellenjos. Their posts are nonsense (and probably automatically generated), meant to deceive you while promoting their external links. You can see they've been members for almost an entire year.
Options
2018-07-28 00:07:17

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

If you were successful in setting up and updating one bulb, perhaps try setting up the new bulb in that location or someplace closer to your router. Once they're connected and upgraded to the latest firmware try moving them to the new location. The windows update application can sometimes be used to update older firmware first, then you can get them onto the latest level.

that's a good idea for me. I'll have to try that when I go home. When I set up the 'garage' bulb in the 'front porch' location, should I name it 'garage'? thanks!
Options
2018-07-29 01:19:02
Yeah, I would name it garage to avoid needing to make any changes after moving it - most likely the wifi signal is marginal in the garage. I'd probably try to set it up in an easy to reach lamp inside to make it easier, but avoid any with a metal foil type shade.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1237

Replies: 10