Archer C7 installation problem: "Login Failure” when creating the administrative password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 installation problem: "Login Failure” when creating the administrative password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-15 02:23:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[COLOR=#454545][FONT="]Dear All,

I just purchased a 'TP Link Archer C7’ router and I bumped into a very basic, but frustrating problems when installing it.

What I did:

- connected the router to power supply
- connected the router to internet on its WAN port
- connected the router to my MacBook on one of its LAN ports.
- opened a web browser and opened URL [COLOR=#E4AF0A]http://192.168.0.1/ *

The web page on [COLOR=#E4AF0A]http://192.168.0.1/ said that "Please create an administrator password to manage your Archer C7.”, so I typed one in, containing upper/lower case characters, number digits and dash. I got a green tick next to the second password field, i.e. the password looks ok.
But when I clicked on the "Let's Get Started” button, it returned with a "Login Failure.” message.
I tried it several times and at one point it told me that "Login failed for 5 times and you still have 5 attempts left.”, so I gave up and now I try to find some help online.

Thanks,

Zoltan
[/FONT]
[B][B][/B][/B]
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 installation problem: "Login Failure” when creating the administrative password
2018-05-16 14:20:18
So the simple answer was to specify admin/admin instead of creating a strong admin password, despite what the page suggested.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2719

Replies: 1

Related Articles