ethernet problem with AV2 1300mbps powerline (WPA8630), DHCP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-04 16:28:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I just installed a new set powerline adapters with the WPA8630 (latest firmware level). Works great, for WiFi.

For Ethernet however, I cannot connect (tried several ports/cables/laptops). It does seem to try to connect for a few seconds (Windows says something about trying to identify if I remember correctly and the LED on the WPA8630 is solid green for say 5 seconds), than however Windows says cannot connect, the Ethernet LED goes blank, and a few seconds later it starts all over again with trying to connect.
The weird thing is that in the WPA8630 log there is a (one) message about starting, and stopping, a DHCP server. Now this problem also sounds to me as if the laptop requests but does not get an IP address?
(I want the router the powerline set connects to (and which works fine for its own WiFi, for its own cabled connections, and for the powerline Wifi) to be the DHCP server, and I guess that is the way it should work with powerline adapters?)

Does anybody have any tips on how to solve this? Thanks! Menno.
Options
1 Reply
Re:ethernet problem with AV2 1300mbps powerline (WPA8630), DHCP?
2018-12-26 12:59:31

Hi, any tips here? Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 1