Problem with tl-wa901nd

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with tl-wa901nd

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with tl-wa901nd
Problem with tl-wa901nd
2018-06-05 16:21:19
Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : TL-WA901ND(EU)_V5_160929

ISP :

Hi, I have recently bought the tl-wa901nd and I have a very strange issue. I am trying to use it as a AP but it doesn't always seem to work. I tried it at work and the wifi signal works as it should. I take it at home and although the led lights are on it has no WiFi at all. I can connect to its setting via cable but the WiFi doesn't turn on. I returned it to the seller who tested it and he said it works fine. When I got it back I tried it at work and it did work, but when I got it home again there was no WiFi transmitting. Today I have it at work and it works even though last night it wasn't working at home.
I could use some help.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Problem with tl-wa901nd
2018-06-10 14:04:20
"no Wifi" (WLAN) at home -- what does that mean? Is the control light dark or can't you connect?
Options
2018-06-11 17:39:10

L.Willms wrote

"no Wifi" (WLAN) at home -- what does that mean? Is the control light dark or can't you connect?

It means that even though the led is on and the AP should transmit WIFI just by connecting it on power without even having it set up for internet, it gives no signal at all. The next day I wrote the first post I took it back at work and it was working fine. I even gave it to a friend to try at his place and it was working. It looks as if it is having problem only at my place!!!! I end up selling it to him since he wanted it (it had the best signal on whatever he had tried so far) and I was left with a big question why wasn't it working only at my home. ???
Options
2018-06-13 14:01:12
Did you check the channel? Maybe assigning a different channel to the AP?
Options
2018-06-17 03:49:25
Maybe there ist something wrong with assigning ip-addresses to your wifi devices at home. Use smart IP(DHCP) as network type. And ensure that your router is configured as DHCP-server
Options
2018-06-18 04:00:14
I tried all of these solutions and nothing worked. It is not assign an IP, since there is no signal of the wifi to try to connect, nor the channel since I tried all channels and even with my mobile between the AP antennas it had no signal at all!!!!
Options
2018-06-28 15:59:44
It's not working.
Options
2018-07-03 14:36:17

kavedel wrote

I tried all of these solutions and nothing worked. It is not assign an IP, since there is no signal of the wifi to try to connect, nor the channel since I tried all channels and even with my mobile between the AP antennas it had no signal at all!!!!

Maybe a hardware problem, the antennas not being connected?

Have you tried to unscrew the antennas and reconnect them again?
Options
2018-07-05 11:48:21

kavedel wrote

It means that even though the led is on and the AP should transmit WIFI just by connecting it on power without even having it set up for internet, it gives no signal at all. The next day I wrote the first post I took it back at work and it was working fine. I even gave it to a friend to try at his place and it was working. It looks as if it is having problem only at my place!!!! I end up selling it to him since he wanted it (it had the best signal on whatever he had tried so far) and I was left with a big question why wasn't it working only at my home. ???

sounds strange..
You may try with another wireless access point to see whether it works properly.
Options
2018-07-21 02:28:22
I am also facing problem regarding this
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3041

Replies: 9

Related Articles