TL-MR6400 download speeds 5-10 times slower than the speeds I get with sim in phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR6400 download speeds 5-10 times slower than the speeds I get with sim in phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-21 19:46:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I received the MR6400 today and I have sim cards for all 3 major networks in Australia (Vodafone, Telstra and Optus). The download speeds that I'm achieving in the router are 5-10 times slower than the speeds that I can get in both mine and my wife's phones. For example, Telstra is 60mbps in our phones and less than 10mbps in the router.

It's not a wifi issue as I get the same speeds via the ethernet connection. So it seems to be a 4g issue. This is a brand new router today so it has been operating incorrectly since I installed it. I have tried a firmware update but that didn't help.

I'm regretting buying this router so much right now!
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 download speeds 5-10 times slower than the speeds I get with sim in phone
2018-07-24 06:47:37
i use your model in both versions.
the antennas are in place?
same low speed per ethernet and wireless?
you testet the speeds on the exact same place, phones with the Sim in it and than the router with the same Sim in the router?
Options
Re:TL-MR6400 download speeds 5-10 times slower than the speeds I get with sim in phone
2018-07-25 06:03:12
Yeah, I got a reply for tech support but it was to create settings that were already in place. Looks like this router is just rubbish. I've got it packed up and ready to send back. I'm getting the Netgear Nighthawk M1. I've tested it and it's faster than my phone not slower!
Options
2020-05-22 13:43:18
Still happy with it or did you upgrade since then?
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4672

Replies: 3