Swich

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Swich

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Swich
Swich
2018-07-25 01:26:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
Has set up the Deco M5 connected to the internet home center.
Set up a swich that is connected to the first box. In the attic I have several wired devices. I tried to connect these in swich from the main part to swich No. 2-3 and 4 this did not work. The other wireless box is in the attic.
How do I get in touch with the other wired devices?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Swich
2018-07-25 17:46:11
main Deco——Switch ---port 2\3\4 connecting to wired devices.

other wireless devices are connecting wirelessly? all of them are connecting to Deco network.

You can't ping wired devices from wireless devices?
Options
2018-07-26 01:43:18
The first tp link has connected some devices that all work and have v3 Model number: TL-SG108. From this it is also connected swich nr.2 which also has V3 model TL-SG105 that stops the internet. Swich nr3 is the VI3 model D-Link DES-100BD and connected to swich 2. Swich nr4 is the same model and version as nr.2 and connected to swich 3. No one has IP address required.

I have also purchased a TP-link TL-SG108E V3 that has iPad 192.168.0.1 which is the same as network.

Is it the old D-Link that is the problem?
Options
2018-07-26 14:29:38
yes, I have the same issue as yours before.

After I changed the D-Link switch or remove it, the network gets back normal.

I consulted tp-link support by email before, they replied me as below:

Dear Customer,
[FONT=arial]Recently we get some feedback that Deco cannot work properly while connected to some [COLOR=red]D-Link switches. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]After a series of tests, we find that it's because some [COLOR=red]D-Link switches cannot handle and forward the Ethernet II control message that based on the standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol, which is used to set up a wired network. TP-Link and other brands of switches can forward these packets normally.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Regarding this case, it's recommended to replace the [COLOR=red]D-Link switch with another one for a check. Or contact D-Linksupport for a solution.[/FONT]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 3

Related Articles