Router TL-WR941HP ver2.0 - Incompatible with Multicast/Chromecast?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-27 08:23:51 - last edited 2019-06-20 06:57:54
Model : TL-WR941HP

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 2.0.0 Build 20171127 Rel. 62435

ISP :

I received this router 2 days ago and I'm already having problems with it. I noticed that even with Chromecast connected to my Wi-Fi network, it's not recognized in any supported apps (youtube, hbo go, netflix). It only works if I reboot the router, but if after that I unplug the Chromecast and turn it back on, the problem appears again. This did not happen to me when I used the TL-WR941ND. Do you know what could be wrong?

*The TP-Link Brazil Support Center said that this router is incompatible with the Multicast function, so it doesn't work with Chromecast. That's true?
*I've tried support with Google, but they could not identify the problem.
(I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong in english...)
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router TL-WR941HP ver2.0 - Incompatible with Multicast/Chromecast?-Solution
2021-03-16 06:16:11 - last edited 2021-03-16 06:16:19

@LHP41 

If you still encounter an issue with the Chromecast when connecting to the TL-WR941HP's (BR version) network, please install this beta firmware on your router, then confirm:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201912/20191209/TL-WR941HP(BR)_V2_190522_beta.zip

Recommended Solution
Options
117 Reply
Re:Router TL-WR941HP ver2.0 - Incompatible with Multicast/Chromecast?
2018-07-27 14:12:13
[FONT=times new roman]go to DHCP client list to check whether Chromecast obtain IP address.

If there is, record the MAC address of Chromecast and go to wireless->wireless statistics to confirm.

If there isn't MAC address on DHCP list or wireless statistics, try to reconfigure Chromecast.
[/FONT]
Options
2018-07-28 01:14:19
If your chromecast is incompatible contact and it is not recognized by any supported apps

Bitdefender Error 1020

This helps your router for multicast function. You can also check it whether it is showing IP using DHCP.
Options
2018-07-28 05:39:18

Bowen98 wrote

[FONT=times new roman]go to DHCP client list to check whether Chromecast obtain IP address. If there is, record the MAC address of Chromecast and go to wireless->wireless statistics to confirm. If there isn't MAC address on DHCP list or wireless statistics, try to reconfigure Chromecast. [/FONT]
Problem solved!I was able to solve the problem in another way. I added the Chromecast IP and MAC address to a DHCP server address reservation list. After that, I linked the MAC address of Chromecast in the ARP list. Okay, now whenever I turn on the TV, the Cast icon already appears on the cell phone. I suggest you all do this if you have the same problem.Anyway, thanks for the help, as a result of your suggestion of consulting the list of DHCP clients I remembered and was able to successfully test this other method.

*** UNSOLVED!!!! The problem persists...
Options
2018-07-31 15:27:45
:cool:cheers.
Options
2018-08-09 01:33:44

Sagrisk wrote

Problem solved!

I was able to solve the problem in another way. I added the Chromecast IP and MAC address to a DHCP server address reservation list. After that, I linked the MAC address of Chromecast in the ARP list. Okay, now whenever I turn on the TV, the Cast icon already appears on the cell phone. I suggest you all do this if you have the same problem.

Anyway, thanks for the help, as a result of your suggestion of consulting the list of DHCP clients I remembered and was able to successfully test this other method.

Where is the ARP list? can you add a picture?
Options
2018-08-15 05:58:53

pototoman wrote

Where is the ARP list? can you add a picture?

If you want to try, go to "advanced" > "security"> "IP and MAC binding", however probably this will not solve ... I'm already having the same problem again.

This router needs an urgent firmware update! If I'd known I'd have this problem, I'd never bought that crap.
Options
can you fix the issue??
2018-08-25 05:19:16

Sagrisk wrote

If you want to try, go to "advanced" > "security"> "IP and MAC binding", however probably this will not solve ... I'm already having the same problem again.

This router needs an urgent firmware update! If I'd known I'd have this problem, I'd never bought that crap.

can you fix the issue?

Options
2018-08-25 05:20:25
can you fix the issue?
Options
2018-08-25 09:30:59
Estou com o mesmo problema com o Chromecast. Adquiri esse roteador há cerca de 1 mes e estou lutando para manter o Chromecast visível na rede. Já tentei reserva de endereço no DHCP, vínculo de MAC e IP na tabela ARP , liberar portas que possam ser usadas pelo Chromecast, alterar a configuração Multicast, enfim, não sei mais o que fazer. E o problema não é só com o Chromecast, mas com dispositivos conectados que utilizam tecnologia de espelhamento. Minha tv Smart também some da rede ao ser desligada. Os dispositivos só retornam reiniciando o roteador.
Options
2018-08-25 11:09:27

danchix wrote

can you fix the issue?
No, when I added the chromecast to the ARP list I thought I'd have it fixed, but the next day I had the same problem. Apparently this is a flaw in the router software.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 29776

Replies: 117