Router TL-WR941HP ver2.0 - Incompatible with Multicast/Chromecast?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router TL-WR941HP ver2.0 - Incompatible with Multicast/Chromecast?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
117 Reply
Re:Router TL-WR941HP ver2.0 - Incompatible with Multicast/Chromecast?
2018-08-25 11:13:28

edipmoura wrote

Estou com o mesmo problema com o Chromecast. Adquiri esse roteador há cerca de 1 mes e estou lutando para manter o Chromecast visível na rede. Já tentei reserva de endereço no DHCP, vínculo de MAC e IP na tabela ARP , liberar portas que possam ser usadas pelo Chromecast, alterar a configuração Multicast, enfim, não sei mais o que fazer. E o problema não é só com o Chromecast, mas com dispositivos conectados que utilizam tecnologia de espelhamento. Minha tv Smart também some da rede ao ser desligada. Os dispositivos só retornam reiniciando o roteador.
O jeito é esperar uma possível atualização da firmware... estou esperando minha box tv chegar e já vi que vou ter problemas de conexão com esse roteador. Semana que vem entrarei em contato novamente com a Central de Suporte para saber se eles já têm pelo menos uma posição quanto a isso.
Options
2018-08-27 22:39:58
Hopefully fix soon tp-link...
Options
2018-08-29 23:45:01
@Sagrisk remove the solved tag to the post, so that tp-link reviews the issue.Hope TL release a new firmware.
Options
2018-09-01 22:29:29

danchix wrote

@Sagrisk remove the solved tag to the post, so that tp-link reviews the issue.Hope TL release a new firmware.

Don't think so. Weird thing is that this model is not on US tp-link routers. https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/routers/wifi-routers
you can find it on Mexico list.
Options
2018-09-03 11:23:32
can you fix the issue? Let's try this
Options
2018-09-05 03:11:27

danchix wrote

@Sagrisk remove the solved tag to the post, so that tp-link reviews the issue.Hope TL release a new firmware. [FONT=inherit][/FONT]
I guess only moderators can do that...
Options
2018-09-27 10:34:37
The router remains without firmware updates. Has anyone been able to reverse this problem between chromecast and TP-Link? Any updates post here. If there is an online moderator, please kindly remove the "solved" tag from the thread title.
Options
2018-09-28 12:27:10
I also have this same router and it has the following frequent problems:;

1) WAN Orange Light in router mode in the following situations:
- Downloading or uploading file(s) with ADSL Internet connection (8 Mbits)
- When is doing a speedtest and even when you are downloading a single torrent
- Running Windows Update or when is updating a software

2) High CPU usage (if you see the Perfomance Monitor) in medum level tasks for example: (all the situations in the point 1)

The manual says " WAN orange light means NO INTERNET". This orange light appears when I am using qBittorrent, downloading or uploading files at top speed of my Internet connection (8 Megabits ADSL2+). When I see the CPU and Memory Monitor in the router, the CPU load is very high (between 80 and 100%). But, There is no red light if I transfer a folder or big files between 2 PCs in LAN (1 PC Ethernet and the other over WiFi)

Screenshots:

The first screenshot is the CPU and Memory Load when I was doing a speed test. The second screenshot and the third are when I was trasfering a big file between 2 PCs in LAN. I was thinking that the problem may be the firmware, because this router has a Qualcomm Atheros TP9343(750 MHz) | RAM1: 64 MiB (a very good peace of hardware) but may still have a very unstable and buggy firmware. I hope that soon a new version of firmware will be release, we need a more stable and better performance of a hardware that by his specs should be excellent..
Options
2018-10-09 10:19:08
@Sagrisk, As the administrator does not remove the
resolved tag, I will post again our problem in the forum.
Options
2018-10-10 02:03:09

danchix wrote

@Sagrisk, As the administrator does not remove the
resolved tag, I will post again our problem in the forum.

ok,

make a reference to this thread
Options