Smarplugs - for businesses. Need a webclient and Microsoft Store app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-01 11:40:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Perhaps there is a web installer for TP Link smartplugs now that I don't know about? If so, please advise.

If there still is no web installer then reading this forum, I see that like us, many users have commented on the fact that the setup software is for some unknown reason currently restricted to only iOS or Android mobile devices. I'd just like to +1 on behalf of my Compnay the request for a browser based installer and/or a windows installer because many of our business clients could use TP Link devices in their businesses but it is not currently feasible to try to maintain an IT environment typing on tiny mobile screens on glass or trying to run Android emulators to get the TP Link software to work. The installer must work on linux/windows and osx and logically should be a PWA or web installer.

Even in home environments, we find many users have Macs or Surfaces or Two in ones and they can't run your Smartplug installer because the app isn't on the Microsoft Store yet and there is no webclient.

For example, just today we looked at a solution for a senior lady who uses voice operated smart devices in her granny flat. There was no iOS or Android device in her immediate family and so she had to opt for another brand of solution because the TP Link devices are restricted to iOS/Android installation only.

Accordingly, TP Link devices could become a viable choice for businesses and windows users if a browser based installer/management utility can be released. Please address this issue, I note it was first raised in 2016 and there appears to still be no official solution?

Many thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Smarplugs - for businesses. Need a webclient and Microsoft Store app
2018-08-02 14:35:29
Dear Customer,

Thanks very much for your valuable suggestion.
We will forward this requirement to our product engineer for accessment.
Hope it will be supported in future.
Have a nice day.

Best regards
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 455

Replies: 1