dropping wifi Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

dropping wifi Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
dropping wifi Deco M5
dropping wifi Deco M5
2018-08-03 21:36:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We have installed 3 Deco M5's, all are connected to the network using cable, used them for two months now. Our computer is connected using cable and is working fine.
Everything worked fine until just recently when all other devices using wifi (phones, ipad, Sonos sound system) started to have problems.
Wifi drops and we can be sitting side by side to each other and one of us having wifi and the other is just stuck...not able to connect to wifi.
Waiting a few minutes or turning wifi off and on the phone usually helps.
Music dies now and then when using our Sonos System. All this drives us crazy.
Anyone have any suggestion?
Options
14 Reply
Re:dropping wifi Deco M5
2018-08-06 16:22:23
How about the wired connection through M5?

Does the main Deco still work properly? or all the deco units drop frequently?
Options
2018-08-06 17:37:10
Wired connection works fine (see my comment about the computer). No I don't think all drops at the he same time. Even if two persons sit next to each other one can be connected and the other looses the connection.
Options
2018-08-07 14:40:14
Just to give more info:We are using iPhone7 and 8 and iPad as well as Sonos sound system. All of those looses the wifi now and then. Strange thing is that one device can loose connection but the other continues to be connected. It either starts working again by itself or I turn on and off the wifi on the phone and then it is OK. The Deco's do not indicate any problem and shows green light. I don't know how my laptop (used for work and on wifi), is working since I have had vacation last week's. Will figure out soon. A feeling is that if we are many that uses the wifi at the same time it happens often....
Options
2018-08-08 16:51:43
try to switch the location of RE units..
Options
2018-08-10 05:33:31
Same exact problem here. I actually did a hard reset on my M5 and the problem is still happening. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and it will not stay connected to the router anymore. iPhone 8 is also having the same problem. I am getting speeds of 1-40mpbs on a 500mpbs fiber optic internet. Ethernet connection on desktop showing speeds of 508mpbs. Nest cameras are disconnecting all the time. I am very frustrated, this system was amazing up until a few weeks ago. I am looking into buying a different brand.
Options
2018-08-10 05:38:03
I am having the same issues with my M5. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will now not hardly connect to the router anymore, iPhone 8 is also dropping, nest cameras disconnecting all day, fire tablet is getting speeds of 40mpbs, everything is slow and disconnecting. Hardwired desktop is getting speeds of 508mpbs on a 500 mbps fiber optic connection. This system has been performing beautifully until a couple of weeks ago. Super frustrated.
Options
2019-02-28 01:07:51 - last edited 2019-02-28 01:41:40

Still no fix for this issue? Having the same problem here. It worked great for about 1 week. Now keeps disconnecting clients and the only "fix" is to reboot all decos.

Options
2019-06-13 18:29:28

Same issue here. I have this for almost a year now and Wifi problems start showing up about 1 month or so ago. 

Here is my setup:(Router mode)

Modem Wired to--> Main Deco Wirelessly --> 2nd Deco Wirelessly --> 3rd Deco

I have roughly 25+ devices connected to the network, and Wifi disconnects mainly on 2 devices: iPhone XS Max & Samsung S10. 

Issues experienced so far:

- Can't connect to Wifi after coming home;

- Wifi disconnects while at home;

- Wifi cut on/ off while at home;

- incorrect wifi password after trying to forget network (even i know i entered it right)

Rebooting the Deco seems to resolve the above issues temporaily. But same issues would happen again almost on a daily now it gets very annoying. 

Interestingly, the issue seems to be happening ONLY to these 2 devices that would actually leave and re-enter the network. 

I've already tried:

- Reserve IP address to these 2 devices;

- Reset both iPhone and Samsung's network settings;

- Reset the entire Deco network (remove all 3 deco from network, factory reset);

- Installed most updated firmware.

It's getting very frustrating, and I'm alsmot tempted to give this up and get another brand. 

From what I read seems like I'm not the only one, is there any fix to this soon? 

Options
Re:Re:dropping wifi Deco M5
2019-06-14 12:45:25 - last edited 2019-06-14 12:45:59

Ditto: Same problem!

Getting crazy stupid now.

Running 3 M5's (Hardware V2.2EU, Firmware 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 40244) in access point mode connected to an TPLink Archer C7. Wifi drops with increasing regularlity, usually leading to an authentication error, unable to obtain IP address or simply "no internet access" message on phones, tablets etc.

I've tried: all decos connected by ethernet; satellite decos connected by wifi; turning on/off "fast roaming"; turning on/off "beamforming"; complete reset and reinstallation (twice!); switching main unit; setting static IP addresses for devices connecting wirelessly; and anything else I can think of. I contacted support over a day ago but no response.

Sometimes, when phone can connect to wifi but finds no internet access, I get a message in the deco app asking me to move my local deco closer to the main unit. I've done that (even having them side-by-side on a desk!) to no avail.

I'm beginning to think the system is just fundamentally flawed. I'm within my amazon returns period and will probably return in favour of another brand unless I see a fix soon.

grrr....

Options
2019-07-17 22:33:20

(UPDATE)

After contacting TP-Link for a BETA Firmware, I was able to get a copy of the firmware. And after doing an manual update (no easy app update unfortunately due to this BETA version), I can confirm the issue is fixed and everything is working flawlessly again. 

Thanks TP-Link! 

FIRMWARE Version: 1.2.8 Build 7ffe20190514 Rel. 47098611429776

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5484

Replies: 14

Related Articles