3 identical SSIDs showing in some apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-04 20:27:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Installed the Deco M5 yesterday in normal router mode. Direct cable from Virgin hub to main M5, then second cable to a gigE switch which has my Ethernet connected devices plus also has the old router Ethernet connected (an ASUS rt-66 running tomato firmware). Eventually I will retire the old router but I wanted to run both WiFi networks side by side to allow easy switching of everything to the new network. The other two M5’s are connected as normal via WiFi to the first one. The new system has a very different SSID name to the old network. My issue is this - whilst the WiFi settings on phones, iPad, etc only shows the one SSID as expected, several device apps, eg CCTV cameras, show three identical SSID’s, and I have to pick one to connect to. Is that right, and if so does it mean that those devices won’t automatically switch to the most powerful router in the mesh?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 0