Archer T2UH AC600 - 5Ghz Wifi network not visible | Windows 10 64Bit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-12 05:00:15
Model : T2UH

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : Archer T2UH AC600
OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

The adaptor shows up the 2.4GHz SSID on the laptop, however it does not show 5GHz SSID.
I have given the 5GHz network a different SSID as well to differentiate it from 2.4GHz SSID.

Screenshot of device manager, showing selected 5GHz channel can been seen below.

Note - I am able to connect to the 5GHz Wifi network on my mobile, hence it does not appear to be an issue from ISP end.

Please suggest how I can connect to 5GHz Wifi network. This was the sole reason for purchasing the adaptor.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer T2UH AC600 - 5Ghz Wifi network not visible | Windows 10 64Bit
2018-09-17 01:10:13
I had hoped there would be a work-around or a few suggestions over 4 days.

I have tried renaming the 5GHz SSID as suggested in one of the posts, however the adapter still does not show the 5GHz SSID. My iPhone is able to view and connect to it just fine.
The entire point of purchasing the device is defeated.

Are there no TP-Link employees who monitor forums? I cannot contact their customer care since their work hours coincide with mine 10:00AM to 6:00PM, Monday to Saturday.
Options
No solutions
2018-09-18 14:41:05
There are no official solutions from TP-Link, I've called their tech support line and the solutions provided were utterly useless:

1. Uninstall and Reinstall drivers - Tried it did not work
2. Plug it into a different port - Also did not work
3. Try this adapter with a different computer - Do they expect me to have multiple computers at home? And even if it does work with a different system how does that help me?

The device uses a MT7610U chipset which upon further research has issues with 5Ghz and Windows 10. Windows 10 picks the wrong drivers for this card and I cant manually override them either because TP-Link provides a setup.exe and no *.INF files to manually set the right driver.
I will be returning mine and buying an adapter from a different company, because support here is a joke.

If any admin from TP-Link is reading this, thanks for nothing and I will not be buying any TP-Link products in the future.

TL;DR
T2UH Windows 10 driver does not work with 5GHz networks, TP-Link support has no fixes.
Options
This worked for me
2018-09-26 03:00:12
I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1709. Installed driver from CD, connected to my router and no 5GHz. I did not intall the WPS utility since I was already connected okay.
Installed latest driver from TP-Link website - same result. Downloaded the drivers from Mediatek's site - same result.

Installed drivers from CD again, then WPS utility and connected (again) via WPS. And there was the 5GHz finally.

Let us know if this worked for you.
Options
2018-10-09 20:14:46
i have this problems too. sometimes can't searching wifi. need to restart my computer.
Options
2020-04-07 20:02:04

@Abhijit 

hi, I have found a solution. you must download the utility enter the router set a fixed channel and do not use the automatic one. manually install the t2uh drivers, enter the device manager (windows) set value # 0 for 5ghz, set channel mode 5g only. connect through the tp link utility. I hope it helps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7035

Replies: 5