CAP1750 - VLANs cannot use different gateways?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-26 05:11:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
in my setup, I use two VLANs: 1 = internal and 2 = guest. The AP is in VLAN 1. I can configure the WiFi networks to use separate VLANs, but I struggle when I come to the gateways.

I have to configure the internal VLAN with another gateway (and DHCP server) than the guest VLAN - how can I do that? On the "System" tab, I can only configure one gateway (under "AP Management").
Am I missing something? Or doesn't this model support different gateways for different WiFi networks / VLANs?

What can I do about it? I'm also open for suggestions to buy another AP model...

Thanks in advance,
Mathis
Options
1 Reply
Re:CAP1750 - VLANs cannot use different gateways?
2019-01-05 22:18:42
I do not have your model but, for those that I have, I would expect the following to apply: Your AP connects users to the VLAN. It does not provide clients with IP and/or gateway addresses - that is the job of your DHCP server which should be present on each VLAN unless you use fixed IPs. Clients should not need gateways to reach the DHCP server. In other words, you have to configure the DHCP server on each VLAN to give clients the gateway address for that particular each VLAN. The gateway configured under AP management is used by the AP so that you can connect to and manage it. It is not used by clients. I hope this explains why there is only one gateway address and where you may need to configure the required gateways instead.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 1