Can't get anything to work, not even the reset to factory defaults

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-04 09:44:13
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.1 Build 120210 Rel.30416n

ISP : eircom

So I just bought this Powerline Extender (AV200) and have had little success getting it to work
I'm at the stage where I want to reset it to the factory settings and start over.
But even that doesn't work.

Factory defaults are meant to reset the IP address to 192.168.1.1
But no matter what I try, it ends up as 169.254.xxx.xxx (the last two numbers being different each time).

At least when I took it out the box it worked with a wired connection but the wireless just doesn't seem work at all on this unit (nothing can connect to it successfully)
However even the wired connection doesn't work now, possibly because of this IP issue. I have run out of ideas.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't get anything to work, not even the reset to factory defaults
2012-11-04 16:02:17
1. Plug them into one power extension board to pair them (pair TL-PA211 for 5 seconds and then pair TL-WPA281 for 1s). Wait about 1 minute till the powerline LED comes on. Then connect them back to the router and PC with wire, the wired connection will be working.
2. For wifi, please refer to the website below to secure: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398
Options
2012-11-05 00:10:27
OK I got a bit farther

I followed your instructions

I can now connect to the Wi-Fi and it shows as internet connected BUT nothing comes up in a web browser
If I disconnect from wifi and connect an ethernet cable (to the wifi box) I can browse the web OK through powerline
So this is more or less back to where I was originally, the internet works through Powerline without Wifi only.
Options
solved
2012-11-05 05:20:53
Well, I solved my own problem

So I have this quite old old piece of equipment in another room called a Digisender
It re-transmits the cable TV signal to another part of the building. I turned it off and my wifi connectivity issues resolved themselves.

So it has obviously been using the same frequency range as the wifi. This never occurred to me, until someone complained that the picture had been going fuzzy.
Options
2012-11-05 14:02:54
Good job!
Options
wpa281
2012-11-15 18:30:17

alcan wrote

Well, I solved my own problem

So I have this quite old old piece of equipment in another room called a Digisender
It re-transmits the cable TV signal to another part of the building. I turned it off and my wifi connectivity issues resolved themselves.

So it has obviously been using the same frequency range as the wifi. This never occurred to me, until someone complained that the picture had been going fuzzy.

I have exactly the same problem.I can acces internet only with ethernet cable.It looks connected to wifi but nothing comes to browser.
I don't have any digisender thing.How can I find other frequency generators?
Options
2012-11-16 09:38:03

cinar wrote

I have exactly the same problem.I can acces internet only with ethernet cable.It looks connected to wifi but nothing comes to browser.
I don't have any digisender thing.How can I find other frequency generators?

Can you find the wireless signal? If not, I think you need check whether the wireless function is enabled.
I suggest you login the webUI and do some configuration.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1372

Replies: 6