MR-3020 as 3G router for wired network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-09 06:05:51
Region : NewZealand

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I bought the MR-3020 as I wanted to use it for connecting an embedded device with a network port (and IP address) to the internet using a 3G usb modem. I have set the unit up as a 3G router and can successfuly use my ipod to connect to the internet via the wireless network but what I want to do is use the network port socket of the MR-3020 to do the same thing. The options don't seem to allow for this - it only seems to allow to use the network port as a backup to the 3G function and not as a primary means of connecting to the internet.

Any advice would be useful.

Cheers

Steve
Options
2 Reply
Re:MR-3020 as 3G router for wired network
2012-11-09 07:51:40
If you mean the Ethernet port on the TL-MR3020, actually it will act as a LAN port which is used to connect clients like PC etc. to internet if the router is working with the 3G router mode. If you have connected your device to the LAN port on the router, make sure it has DHCP enabled and could get an IP address from the router. If no IP address, probably you can try a static IP.
Options
Re:MR-3020 as 3G router for wired network
2012-11-19 21:55:44
There is no setting required to make the LAN network port to connect to Internet when PC connected to it. Once you make the TL-MR3020 work in 3G mode, change the Ethernet cable or reboot your computer will make it work unless the port is not working properly or your PC is not working properly.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 2