TL-PA511KIT working with other brand powerlines?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-23 07:07:39
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA551KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : sky

just bought a TL-PA511KIT which isn't on the list to pick from in models :S

do any of tp links power-lines work with other brand ones? and if so how do i go about it i've plugged mine in at the source ( router ) i've plugged my other one in my room for computer and left my sisters old one in her sky and she doesn't get any signal now I've swapped my one at the source.

bearing in mind that my new ones are 500mbps and my sisters are 85mbps.

anyone any ideas how to get hers to work with it i don't see why it shouldn't work.

kindest regards

thomas
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA511KIT working with other brand powerlines?
2012-11-23 09:17:24
All brands' powerlines can work with each other in the condition that they are under the same standard.
Options
2012-11-23 15:02:19
Options
2012-11-26 10:13:20
bearing in mind that my new ones are 500mbps and my sisters are 85mbps.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. As I also use a 85mbps and a 200Mbps, they can not work together. So i use all 200mbps in my house, then this way worked. So I was also wondering the speed difference can cause the compatible issue. What is more, I am also wondering if different brands of power lines use the same protocol to it standard then we have no worries about the compatible issue. :o
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 3