Unable to recieve dynamic IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-27 00:31:32
Region : Sweden

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version : TL-WR1043ND_V1_120405_

ISP : Tele2 (fiber)

I recently bought your router and I am trying to install it.
The problem that I get is that when the router tries to get the dynamic IP from my provider, it gets nothing.
I have typed in the DNS servers but no go. Without the router, my uplink works fine.
The provider does not lock onto a specific MAC adress.

What can I do?
With regards
Lars Rignell
Options
14 Reply
Re:Unable to recieve dynamic IP
2012-11-27 10:10:24
What's WAN IP address of your modem? You modem should go to the WAN port (Blue one) of this router. Check the IP collision.
Options
no modem
2012-11-27 14:22:10
I do not use a modem, it its straight from a fiber. Plug-n-play.
If used with nothing in between the computer and the source, the uplink works fine with no need to configure addresses and such.
The router should do that as well but no.

What do you mean with IP collision, is it two identical addresses or?
Options
2012-11-27 17:20:08
Hi humanimal/Lars

I assume your fiber connection is converted into an RJ45 (UTP connector). If you plug this directly
on your PC's LAN port, what are the IP values provided? Also, just a confirmation..is your TCP/IP
settings for LAN is configured as "obtain IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS server address
automatically"?
Options
2012-11-28 03:41:25
Thank you, borg_ph!
I checked via ipconfig which addresses I got without the router and then entered them combined with the provider's DNS servers.
Now it seems to work fine!
Thanks for the advice!
Options
2012-11-29 10:46:27
Hi humananimal/Lars

Nice to hear that. By the way, if your provider provides you with a dynamic IP address and it so
happens your router is turned off. Then some subscriber is assigned with the same IP address and
the moment you turn on your router, you might get an IP address conflict with the the other
subscriber.

I just hope that the IP assigned to you by your provider is static or exclusive to your modem. =)

And another thing, please check this forum. TP-Link release a beta firmware for TL-WR1043ND v1.x
to fix na issue wherein you cannot logon to the router GUI if it is turned on continously for days. The
router is able to assign an IP and gives internet access to computers but you cannot logon to the router
to change or modify some settings. I haven't tried the new beta firmware yet but I already downloaded
it just in case. =)
Options
2012-12-01 01:34:33
I have the same problem like the one here described. I also entered the static IP settings and it worked til today. When I try to detect the Static or Dynamic settings using the DETECT button I get returned the message "Unplugged". If I plug the cable directly from the 1043 into the PC it works so the cable is ok.

Now it does not and the WAN light on the 1043ND does not blink. Is this normal or can it be that the WAN port is not working anymore/is broke??

I assume it really is broke right, so I need to buy a new one?
Options
2013-01-24 11:18:28
Same issue here. I have a Clear Hub Express 4G modem and the TL-R470T+ can not obtain a dynamic address from the modem. I have tried the Clear modem with a Dlink and Netgear router and both are able to obtain an address without any issues. There appears to be a particular issue with the 470 obtaining dynamic addresses from certain types of modems or manufacturers. I have an email into support so perhaps they can shed some light on the issue. I tried all 4 possible WAN ports on the 470 as well as many other settings on the modem and router without luck.
Options
2019-05-29 06:04:25 - last edited 2019-05-29 06:06:34

IP collision is like IP conflict.This occurs when two computers on the same LAN network end up with the same IP address. When this occurs, both computers end up not being able to connect to network.There are a few ways in which this problem can be fixed.  If it is Static IP request your ISP for a change of IP.  If it is a Dynamic IP you can try to write my paper by resetting your modem by switching ON and OFF the modem or open the command prompt and type "ipconfig /release," which dumps the automatic address it had, and then "ipconfig /renew," which gets a new address.To check for the change in IP you can visit Ip-details.com which gives your public Ip when you visit the site.

I tried to reset the modem. It didn't help. Any other possible solutions? When I typed ipconfig /renew, nothing changed, I checked.

Options
Re:Re:Unable to recieve dynamic IP
2019-05-30 02:16:03

What is the model number of your device? Can you get internet from it? 

More information about the current issue will help a lot. 

Options
2019-06-15 17:57:21
qual o tipo de conexão você usa pppoe dls
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6182

Replies: 14

Related Articles