Can't install drivers on Win8 or start SoftAP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-27 04:50:53
Region : Others

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I use my adapter to create an access point for my other devices, like my iPad and cell phone, by using the adapter in SoftAP mode. This worked fine in Win7, but I recently upgradet to Windows 8, and now my adapter won't work. I think it's easier if I just list the problems first:

1. If I set the config program to normal mode, it can't load the library file.

2. If I set it to compability for Windows Vista or lower, it won't start at all, or it can't find the adapter.

3. If I set it to compability mode for Windows 7, it starts, but it can't start SoftAP mode as it has a problem with the ICS. (note: I use the Win7 drivers., btw.)

4. I have downloaded the latest drivers for Windows 8 from the official site, but that caused two problems: a) The drivers I use are already updated, or b) It can't find the drivers at all. I know it's not updated, as I'm using the Win7 drivers. And if they were updated to the Win8 drivers, I wouldn't be having these problems in the first place. I also think it's strange that it can't find the drivers, as I downloaded them from the official page.

Even more, I had to set the setup-program for the config as compability for Win7 just to be able to install it.

So all in all, what I am trying to do is use the adapter to create a SoftAP for my other devices. This doesn't seem to be possible unless I use the Windows 8 drivers, and they refuse to install. If it helps, I have tried to read the FAQs, How To's and all those, but nothing helps. I used Device Manager to manually update the drivers, and even pointed the update directly to the folder where I put the drivers without any luck. I really need some help here.

Thanks, everyone.

(edit: I just noticed the text is all light blue? Is this normal? I'm sorry, but I can't see anywhere how I'm supposed to switch the color to black.)

Edit 2: YES!!!! I checked the network-settings, and when I tried to run the config program, a new network setting showed up. I clickd on Properties for this setting and checked Sharing, but it was switched off. I put it to On, and how about that. Now SoftAP works great! Awesome! Now at least one part of Win8 works. No idea why my keyboard suddenly stopped working properly. I literally had to correct every singl word in this paragraph. Sigh... oh, well. At least now I can finally test Skylanders: Battleground. :)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't install drivers on Win8 or start SoftAP mode
2012-11-27 10:03:23
Yeah, the text is all blue. That's normal. Glad to hear that the soft AP is working on the windows 8.
Options
Re:Can't install drivers on Win8 or start SoftAP mode
2012-11-28 23:16:24
I hate going off-topic on my very first post, but is it possible to get the text to show a darker color, like black? Light blue text on a white background is hard to read. :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 2