Suitable 4G modem for use with an outside antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-14 19:51:55

I live in a rural area with no wired broadband coverage and poor 4G using a MIFI connection. I want a 4G brouter I can use to get a wired and wireless network in the house preferably supporting VOIP and having somewhere I can plug in external antenna. I have been looking at the TP-Link devices which it seems used to have external antenna that could be removed and replaced with connections to outside antennas but see in reports that the antenna are no longer removable on the AC1200 which I was going to buy. Do TP-Link offer a product that does have all my requirements, the outside antennae being the most omportant!

Thanks Philmx

Options
1 Reply
Re:Suitable 4G modem for use with an outside antenna
2018-12-18 06:42:02
Old hardware version has detachable antennas. Do you have to use outdoor antennas? I don't see how that's gonna work. And those 4G routers do not support VOIP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 1

Related Articles