All ports are suddenly closed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-15 12:02:48

I just realized today that all the ports that I had previously forwarded are now closed.

Just yesterday I was hosting a server, port forwarded, no problem. Then a power cut for about 3-4 hours and today no port is working anymore.

I checked the ipv4 and it's still the same one that I used. I always check ports when the server is open. I used multiple sites to check if they are open.

I tried disabling firewall, running the application as administrator, resetting the router.

I can't even connect to my own server, only with 192.168.x.x (the ip I'm using to forward) and 127.0.0.1.

Obviously I didn't check with only one application but it doesn't work with any.

I'm using a tp-link, connection is pppoe type and the ip changes when the router is reset, else it doesn't change at all. No other changes have been made to the router or the pc.

I have a modem provided by the isp that is connected to the router and then the pc.

I'm baffled, what could be the issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:All ports are suddenly closed
2018-12-18 05:32:33
What IP address it change to? It should be public IP address. Otherwise, you need to do port forwarding for the router on the modem
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1316

Replies: 1