New Christmas lights burn out within minutes of plugging them into HS-100 mini plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Christmas lights burn out within minutes of plugging them into HS-100 mini plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-16 03:02:39

Has anyone had a problem with short bulb life with the HS-100 smart mini plug?  I recently bought several to put my indoor Christmas lights on.  Interestingly, within days the existing lights started to burn out little by little.  Thinking the lights were just old, I purchased new lights and within minutes, I started seeing the same thing happen.  I only have one strand of lights per plug per outlet, so it should NOT be overpowered.  The breaker is not tripped.  Ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Christmas lights burn out within minutes of plugging them into HS-100 mini plug
2018-12-16 03:07:42
No problems here. I have all my outdoor lights and Christmas tree lights on KP100 (mini plug) wonder what the difference or issue could be.
Options
Re:New Christmas lights burn out within minutes of plugging them into HS-100 mini plug
2018-12-16 14:58:58

It's just a simple relay, no different than an ordinary switch.  There's nothing special about the power through it.  If you're flashing the lights the bulbs may not be able to handle that, if not I'd complain to the manufacturer.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1325

Replies: 2