Archer VR200v - Dynamic DNS Update stops working after 1-2 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-16 08:10:52 - last edited 2018-12-17 13:01:49

Hello there,

I've been using a VR200v for a few years with not much trouble but I am now considering to change because I cannot resolve this issue:

I have a dynamic DNS service setup. Its a custom setup using Spdyn.de ( https://update.spdyn.de/nic/update?hostname=<domain>&myip=<ip>&user=<user>&pass=<passwd> )

1) This update URL works if I put it into a browser manually.

2) This update URL works via the Archer if I reapply it. I.e. I resave/reapply it, the reconnect a couple of times and the Dyndns is updated as it should.

After a few days the Archer stops sending updates. If I check the account logs of Spdyn, I see that there aren't even any errors/warnings. There is just no trace that an update request was ever sent.

If more info is necessary, please ask.

Thanks, Tobi

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR200v - Dynamic DNS Update stops working after 1-2 days
2018-12-17 11:02:57
Firmware updated? How do you custom setup using Spdyn.de? Is it only support Dyndns and NO-IP?
Options
Re:Re:Archer VR200v - Dynamic DNS Update stops working after 1-2 days
2019-01-08 23:31:23
I now tried two newer firmwares, including the most recent one. The problem persists. After some days the router stops sending update requests to the dynamical dns service host. Rebooting the router immediately solves the problem, until it reappears a few days later. spdyn custom update url is written in my opening post.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 863

Replies: 2