Adding logic to Smart Actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-02 15:19:21 - last edited 2019-03-13 03:44:08

I've installed a few TP-Link swithces in a house we are renting during construction of our new house to determine if TP-Link would be a good sytem for our new house. Works great so far (including use with Alexa) however, I find the scheduling options pretty limiting. I just replaced my wireless router with the SR20 Smart Router hoping to add more functionality but since there is no logic component, there is very little you can do with motion sensors and door sensors. For example, I'd like to use a motion detector to act as an automated night light to turn on halway lights and possibly a few room lights when someone gets up in the middle of the night. The night light activity should only occur during a certain time frame such as 10 pm to 6 am. Or only when the room is dark (using UV input from the Fibaro FGMS-001 ZW5 Motion Sensor). Is it possible to add logic to "Smart Action" to limit actions to only occur over a given time frame or when nother condition exists such as the Fibaro Motion Sensor detecting a defined level of darkness?

I played with the night light concept in our rental house yesterday. I put the TP-Link motion sensor in the hall and used Smart Action to turn on a kitchen light when it detects motion and then used the timer to turn off the kitchen light after 10 minutes. Works great except this action overides the kitchen light being on during the day. So if someone walks down the hallway during the day, the timer kicks in and turns off the kitchen light 10 minutes later.

I searched through IFTTT for some kind of motion based logic but couldn't find a useful action there either. In fact, the IFTTT apps are very specific and don't seem to allow any customization.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding logic to Smart Actions
2019-03-13 07:53:37

Hello,

what is the model number of your product? FYI, the maximum schedule item for the normal swicthes are 31.

Back to your case, sorry to tell you that we are only able to setup sepcific certain time to trigger the action, it cannot be a time frame. 

While we will forward it to our Product department and they can work on and evaluate the feasibility to add this function. 

Regarding to the brightness, it requires that whether the motion sensor is kind of light sensor.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Adding logic to Smart Actions
2021-02-06 22:10:14 - last edited 2021-02-06 22:11:43

@WS-214 

I don't know if you've ever received a decent answer to this question?

But maybe, if your using the AC adaptor to power your motion sensor you could plug it into a smart plug that only provides power to it during the hours you want it active. Only then would the 'smart' action be able to do it's thing. Maybe not ideal, but I think that would work. In your new house you could install a smart plug directly in the wall. It's been two years since your post, have you finished your house? Did you install Kasa devices, or move to another brand? Were you able to come up with a better solution?

RD

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1236

Replies: 2