KL110 Won't Finish Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-05 01:59:29 - last edited 2019-02-03 02:56:35

I have installed Android version app and I was able to see the bulb blinks 3 times, after which I see it in the list of networks available. I connect to my 2.4 GHz wifi and move forward with connection, it says it found the bulb, asks me to name it and after clicking the finish configuration, it into processing mode, the bulb then slowly blinks twice which makes me think it was able to connect, but then fails to finish the configuration. The app says the device information is saved, and when I try next time, it asks me to reset the device or not. At which point I tried both ways and started all over again. I tried the manual connection to Device as well. I tried it on my 5 GHz network connection as well. I seems like I tried all the ways I could. I also killed the app instance and restarted it again. What's is wrong with it! 

And yes, I am so close to the wifi router, the signal is very strong, and I am also able to connect some of other brand wifi switches and electric strips. Just the Kasa isn't working.

Options
8 Reply
Re:KL110 Won't Finish Configuration
2019-02-14 06:34:21

please hard reset the KL110 first: 1. Turn the light switch controlling the bulb to the OFF position. 2. Flip the light switch on and off 5 times at a slower rate.

Then please follow the instruction below to configure it: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1233.html 

Note: The KL110 supports 2.4GH network only, and please use the home wifi password to set it up. 

Options
2019-05-13 17:00:17

Hi 

I have followed all those steps several times. Made sure the network is 2.4ghz even changed the security of the router to WPA2. Still nothing. 

I can see the light bulb, connect to it, enter in my wifi password and then it fails. I have 2 bulbs resetted both of them and tried them. Nothing is working. Wife tried on her phone both apples. also nothing, even unintstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Please advise. 

Options
Re:Re:KL110 Won't Finish Configuration
2019-05-14 06:34:45

hi,

Any error message if you failed to configure them? Or which page you get stuck?Please show us a picture. 

Besides, please change another lamp base and turn on one smart bulb at once to configure it. Make sure that it is near to the router to get better wifi signal strength as well. 

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:KL110 Won't Finish Configuration
2019-07-21 18:35:41

I am experiencing a similar problem and have also tried the reset option multiple times. Is there a known problem on these bulbs. Connected a new LB110 bulb yesterday without any problems.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:KL110 Won't Finish Configuration
2019-07-22 07:32:56

@Andyjackmorris 

We have not received much feedback reportedby our customers, for your case, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

What is the current issue? Please provide more information. 

Meanwhile, how did you reset the smart bulb? With it powered on, turn it on and off for 5 times at a slower rate? 

Options
2020-02-25 12:18:08

@Kevin_Z 

I completed the steps multiple times. I've tried turning the light bulb off three times and completing the steps I have also tried turning off the light Bob five times in completing the steps I have also attempted turning the light off 10 times in completing the steps nothing is working I have almost 20 of these bulbs so I'm very familiar with the set up and I'm not sure what's going wrong please help.

Options
2020-02-25 17:25:14
Maybe try it in a location where you've already got a working bulb? If it still doesn't setup it sounds like it might be a hardware problem and needs to be exchanged.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-02-28 07:31:22

@JV425

Hello I have replied to you on this post. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/196238

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2014

Replies: 8