Colour looping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Colour looping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Colour looping
Colour looping
2019-01-08 19:57:25

Can the colour smart bulb be configured to automatically change colours in a planned sequence.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Colour looping
2019-01-09 08:51:15

Not really. 

Options
Re:Re:Colour looping
2019-01-09 16:30:40

There are some aftermarket apps that will do this (mine is one).  Generally you need your phone connected to your wifi to change the colors in a sequence, usually that's ok.

Another option might be to try using something like IFTTT, though you might find the timing a bit erratic - should be ok if you're using long periods between changes.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Colour looping
2019-02-04 16:14:07

MikeP wrote

There are some aftermarket apps that will do this (mine is one).  Generally you need your phone connected to your wifi to change the colors in a sequence, usually that's ok.

Another option might be to try using something like IFTTT, though you might find the timing a bit erratic - should be ok if you're using long periods between changes.

Hi mike, you mentioned that there are some aftermarket apps that have the ability to cycle through the colours on a Kasa smart bulb. What apls are these? Ive got some Jinvoo bulbs that csn do it through their own app but the bulbs arent as bright or as good as the Kasa ones so Ive replaced them all with Kasa bulbs and now have lost the ability to cycle through the colours like i could with the jinvoo bulbs.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Colour looping
2019-02-13 13:19:03
There's an obfuscated local TCP API that can be used to control the bulbs. I think their app uses it but it's not published. A web search will track down the particulars.
Options
2020-04-22 03:04:11

@MikeP  that app is garbage. I couldnt even connect the bulb to it in manual or automatic searches. Nothing i could do luckily i uninstalled it and got a refund straight away. Il put up with one colour at a time 

Options
2020-04-22 04:40:25
Sorry, which app do you mean? I'm not sure why you directed your comment at me...
Options
2022-01-21 06:27:44

I just coded this color looping functionality. I'm looking to make an app and alexa skill on top of it. I'll keep this thread updated with progress. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9010

Replies: 7

Related Articles