Webcam KC120 igmpv2 protocol leads to problems with IpTV (Telekom EntertainTV)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-10 12:37:55

Hello,

I figured out, why my ipTV (Telekom Entertain) stops playing after installing the Webcam KC120.

It's because of the used igmpv2 protocol. This old protocol forces every multicast ready igmpv3 device in the home network to go to igmpv2 compatibility mode.

I use a speedport smart router of the Telekom (a german provider).

Unfortunately there is no way to switch the settings at the router to ignore the igmpv2 signal.

The question is... why does the TP-Link KC120 uses the old protocol?

And is there a chance to deactivate the multicast signal of the cam?

Will there be a firmware update soon? Or do I have to return the cam.

I hope that tp-link is aware that a lot of german customers use ipTV of the Telekom and all of them will have the same problem with this cam!

If you search the net you usually only find people with problems because they use switches or access points with the igmpv2 protocol.

I have never read about a webcam which couses that problems. Is the protocol for the webcam necessary at all?

Best regards

Gordon

Options
1 Reply
Re:Webcam KC120 igmpv2 protocol leads to problems with IpTV (Telekom EntertainTV)
2019-01-15 13:42:50

getting same problem whish disturb the business .

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 1