Archer T4U V3 ping spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-14 18:33:29 - last edited 2019-01-23 23:00:24

Hello,

I bought myself an "Archer T4U V3" nearly two weeks ago and it worked perfectly in the first week after I installed the corresponding drivers (Driver).

After that one week, which was like three or four days ago, the problem started. I booted up my PC and started an online game (Rocket league),

I went into a match but couldn't really play because I was getting disconnects and reconnect from the server like every 5 seconds.

So I rebooted my PC but the problem persisted. I unistalled the driver and reinstalled it but other then rebooting my PC after the installation ,like it says in the text box,

I just continued and it worked perfectly fine until I shut down my PC and booted it back up the next day. The problem was back.

So I issued a continous ping to my default gateway (same problem with every other ip e.g 8.8.8.8) and saw that every 9th sometimes every 8th ping packet returns with around 2000ms other then the other ones which are 1 or 2ms and sometimes the packet goes completely lost.

I uploaded a video of my problem which can be found here.

I asked my father if he had seen something like that before, so I tried changing my MTU size but with no success.

I would be more than thankful if somebody could help me otherwise I am gonna have to refund the adapter at the store.

Regards,

Nickolas

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V3 ping spikes
2019-01-15 08:08:00

I don't know if it's relavent but problem was back after you shut down computer and boot it back, may try to disable "Allow computer to turn off this device....."

1.    Navigate to Device Manager in Control Panel.

2.    Locate the wireless adapter in the list.

3.    Highlight the device in the listing.

4.    Right click .

5.    Select Properties. Power Management.

6.    Uncheck Allow computer to turn off this device....."

7.    Ok out.

8.    Reboot.

Good luck!

PS: Contact tplink support to get this solved quickly

Options
Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 ping spikes
2019-01-15 12:56:27

I already tried that but thanks anyways.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 ping spikes
2019-01-16 08:14:23

Hi,

What's the operating system of your computer?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 ping spikes
2019-01-16 17:50:54

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Options
2019-01-23 22:58:56

I uploaded a video of my problem which can be found here.

Options
Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 ping spikes
2019-01-25 11:28:30
Are your other devices working fine with your router? How far between the router and the adapter? Is the signal strength no problem? How about change some wireless settings on your router to have a try? Like the channel and channel width.
Options
2019-02-24 16:49:27 - last edited 2019-02-24 16:50:22

With me this also happens, and mine is version 2. I do not know how to solve it, but I'm uninstalling and reinstalling the drive until it resolves temporarily.

Print drop ping

PS: 192.168.2.1 is ip config router

Options
2020-11-18 22:58:23

@SonicGyn 

I have experienced this exact same situation.

One out of every 8-10 pings experiences huge latency.

Throughput is great, but looking at Perf manager in Windows 10 you can see that the transfer rate drops to zero and then resumes - with about the same interval.

Furthermore, voice/video calls are laggy.

In my case, when I associate with a Tp-link Deco mesh network this seems to happen, but not when I use my ISPs built-in Wifi AP.

Disabling Mesh functionality in the TP-link Deco console for this PC with T4U V3 USB adapter - at the moment I see the 'pauses' disappear.

I have yet to test if Zoom calls are now better, but I will update after testing. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5251

Replies: 9

Related Articles