Smart Switch Wiring issue- HS220-green wire coming from the wall and a black and yellow wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Switch Wiring issue- HS220-green wire coming from the wall and a black and yellow wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-17 04:44:23 - last edited 2019-01-17 04:47:41

I tried to install my hs220 smart switch dimmer and the light outlet has a green wire coming from the wall and a black and yellow wire. What goes where? Is the green wire neutral? If not will still be able to install it without a neutral wire? Mind you I live in a new condo and 2 of my 4 outlets so far have this exact wiring. Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated from the Tp m-link community 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Switch Wiring issue- HS220-green wire coming from the wall and a black and yellow wire
2019-01-23 08:35:01

Hi,

Here is the setup video for the HS220: https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/HS220.html#video

If you can't confirm which wire is neutral wire, which wire is load/live wire on your wall socket, it's suggested to contact a professional electrician to help you to check the wires.

For the HS220, it can't be installed without neutral wire, it requires at least 3 lines in the socket, which is load, live and neutral wire.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1614

Replies: 1