Facetime Poor Connection when using Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-27 11:57:17 - last edited 2019-02-02 09:35:36

Hi

I have a TP-Link Archer VR2600 Router that seems to work fine, I have no issues with speed or connection most of the time.

Speed tests show ~65mb down and ~18mb up on both wired and wireless connections.

My wife uses Facetime on an iPhone 7 to chat with her Mother in Holland and both of our kids who are away at University. If she connects to the Wi-Fi to use Facetime and make these calls, to three different people, in three different locations, then she constantly gets "Poor Connection" messages and no video. 

If she switches off Wi-Fi and uses 3G - There are no issues...it works fine...

I have reset the router to factory settings and set the DNS to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to see if this would make any difference but the issue still remains.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this issue? 

I'm not sure if the issues is with the Router and something needs to be changed or if it is something on the Plusnet (My ISP) Network?

Thanks
Michael

Options
4 Reply
Re:Facetime Poor Connection when using Wi-Fi
2019-01-30 09:24:18

Hi,

Is the problem only happening when you use the facetime to chat with different person at the same time?

When the problem happening and shows poor connection on the phone, you can use the other device to connect to the modem, whether the network is fine?

You can change the channel and channel width settings to have a try.

Options
2021-06-20 13:38:39

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue with TP Link C80, can't seem to make it work.

any leads please 🙏🏼

@mlsred 

Options
2021-08-10 02:39:48

@mlsred I have a C4000 and I have the same problem with Facetime. It would be nice if this could be fixed.

Options
2021-08-10 04:24:11

@SeanC123 apparently the Modem wasn't being able to communicate with the TP Link Router, got the Modem changed and it worked for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1133

Replies: 4