Archer C8 can’t login after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-27 16:46:34

I reset my Archer C8 and now it’s asking me for the password. It is NOT asking for a username, just a password. 

I tried admin, password for the password but they are not working. 

I reset the router again, it goes back to the same screen, asking for a password. I don’t know what password to use. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C8 can’t login after reset
2019-01-27 20:23:28
Be sure it reset. Press and hold the WPS/reset button for at least 7-10 seconds (longer is better). The the router should reboot and when you get the sign on page, enter admin as the userid and admin for the password. Then you will need to set up your settings again.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C8 can’t login after reset
2019-01-27 20:48:07

I did do this. But now I know longer get asked for a username and it only real ask me

for a password. The default password does not work.

Something is not right the login screen looks different from before. I did upgrade the firmware a while back but this is the first time I am resetting it again since an upgraded

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C8 can’t login after reset
2019-01-27 21:13:08
Depending on version level, the user interface changed a while back from blue to green and the options are different. The few times I needed to reset a router, the above worked. Did your router allow for password recovery? see https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201801/20180125/1910011900_Archer%20C8_UG_V3.pdf Not sure if this may help or not but it is what I would try. Disconnect all of the cables to the router except the one to your PC. Power down the router and up and see if you can sign on. Then I would think a call to TP-Link Support may be needed.
Options
Re:Archer C8 can’t login after reset
2019-07-30 20:31:52

I have the same error after reset with WPS/Reset button.  Anyone have a solution for this?

Options
Re:Re:Archer C8 can’t login after reset
2019-07-31 01:44:12

@dadcp 

Please ensure that you have reset the router successfully first. 

Then you can reference this FAQ to access the web UI. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2236/ 

May it help, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2662

Replies: 5

Related Articles