Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

384 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2022-11-16 18:09:01

@David-TP 

Tell them we won't buy any more TP-Link Mesh systems until they allow us to change the stupid channel!

It does not have the ability to select the best channel at all.  It is stupid.

Options
2022-12-04 18:22:25

Have been searching why my wifi network became really slow and came to the conclusion it has something to do with the selected channel the deco chooses on 5Ghz.

Switching to 2.4Ghz my download speed went to 8MB/s, on 5Ghzv I can only get around 1.5MB/s.

Isn't the whole point of a mesh system to get fast and stable speeds??

Options
Re:Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2022-12-16 15:31:20

Its time to boycott Deco and TPLink really. I bought 3 of them and they keep connecting stupidly all over the wrong channels and use a weak backhaul when there is a better ome available. 

All their CS does is stalls. I really want to return the 3 deco m9+ i bought because it is utter trash. It doesnt take 4 years to give simple functionality to choose bands and force decos to connect to the right ones. 

Options
Re:Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2022-12-16 15:46:58

@crashtec the CS stall is real!

It took them over a year to finally spend time with me to review my issue. They scheduled a time to remotely log in and simultaneously live chat with me. Given the time zone difference I had to schedule for the start of their day, which was 10pm my time. They took hours, I was up until 2am working with them. Their communication was poor at best during this time, more stalling, delaying, taking other calls. I do think they just wanted me to disconnect, but I stayed with it!

Finally they agreed there was a major issue and recommended replacing my units, all 3 Deco M9+. Conveniently, I was 3 days past warranty (apparently 2 years from manufacture date, which was provided to them when the initial support case was opened) and there was nothing they could do. They kindly recommended I buy their new technology and offered me a 10% discount. 

I truly feelt that my devices should have been replaced, given the issue and ask for support was more than 12 months old. TPLink intentionally delayed support in my opinion.

Options
2023-01-05 16:56:30

@David-TP 

I know this thread is old but as it has been 2 years and there still isn't an option, I guess the engineers decided against it (or perhaps I just don't know how). I thought I would offer a suggestion for WHY we might want some control over the channels. I recently found out that my wireless headset occasionally conflicts with the channel chosen by my Deco M9.

Since my headset never changes channels I think an alternative solution would be to block certain channels from Deco, this would still allow it to change channels based on the need to make everything seamless but also allow us to reserve certain channels for other devices.

Options
2023-01-19 21:17:17

@David-TP Is there still no news on this?  I require this feature.  I had preordered the new be95, but cancelled it once I read through this thread and empty promises.  If you're not going to do it, it would be better to just say so.

Options
2023-02-25 16:10:46

@David-TP 

I ended up reading this post because I too was looking to manually select an alternative 2.4GHz channel for my whole Deco P9 mesh system.  Some of what you have said in your previous response may be true, but for TP-Link not to provide configuration options to customers who have the necessary technical skills to assess and make changes for themselves, when those same customers are experiencing performance or unreliability issues associated with the settings that the Deco P9 system has chosen for itself (as in my case), is simply not satisfactory.  I would urge your developers to provide greater accessibility to the configuration settings of this product.

Options
2023-03-01 23:27:47
I am sending all of mine back. I can fire up wifi explorer and see the same thing that a bunch of other folks in this thread have seen. MASSIVE oversubscription on particular channels with other networks in the hood. Mods, don't treat us like we are stupid or patronize us. Some of us are network engineers and actually work for tech companies as well. We know the scoop. It probably isn't even on your roadmap. Complete junk. I can jump right on the wifi from my service provider and get 50% more throughput. When I put it back on the SSID of the deco, it $%#@ the bed. And before you go there, no, it's not the cable or the duplex or me not having a gig switch/port in use etc. While we are talking about limited functionality. Why not allow us to move particular devices to particular deco units? I have stuff aggregating where it really shouldn't be. This stuff is overpriced junk. I am opening a case with Amazon to get my money back.
Options
2023-03-05 12:28:42 - last edited 2023-03-05 12:29:09

@David-TP 

I really would like to change channels as my neighbour has an Orbi and he can't change channels either.....

Options
2023-03-05 12:59:43
Sorry to laugh at your pain, but maybe we should just cross post this thread in the Netgear tech support forum, and see which garbage system gets fixed first! LOL
Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles