Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

400 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-07-16 08:52:34

@Stevieruss  @TIMNIC 

Hello, apologies again it takes long to develop or add a 'simple' feature on the Deco mesh system.

Our developers are working on it to optimize the channel pickup mechanism and we will release a new firmware soon, which won't be long for waiting. If you have already changed your mesh system to another brand, it's glad to hear that all is going well and hope everything will be good with it

Hope you could give us more patience like you always did if you have not changed your mind yet. Good days.

Options
2020-07-16 11:12:04

@TP-Link_Deco Thank you, this is welcome news. My Deco M9+ mesh is using the same channels as my neighbours, even though Androids "network analyzer" shows many other channels unused (rural area). Being able to select an unused Wifi channel is an important feature, and I am looking forward to that upgrade.

Options
2020-07-16 12:50:11 - last edited 2020-07-16 12:56:45

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for the update but be it an update for one bug or multiple features this has been over 16 months since the first post. The M5 which has the same issue is over 3 years old, over 39 months.

I'm completely surprised that it has taken over three years to get this feature, a feature that should not have been omitted in the first place. TP-Link has always stood to be a quality networking device but the M5/M9's after purchae seemed to be more geared towards those that just need to get a cheap/easy solution in place with not configuring (but not actually cheap). These devices cost a fair bit of money and to not have the needed controls is a big surprise for a company known for netowkring. 

I need to expand my house and now looking at alternatives for mesh netowkring. I can't knowingly spend the money to add to my exisiting network when it's not meant to be configured to give the devies the bes performance. 

Hopefully we hear new very soon or I'll be selling mine and moving to a new solution.

Options
2020-07-16 14:08:43

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks. 

These things drag and drag sometimes and when you're paying for a fast WiFi service and your equipment is dragging it down then it's better to cut your losses and buy something that doesn't. I've changed my WiFi routers over the years from one to the next depending on the environment. Still got a stack of the old ones that either burn out or just haven't kept up with the times. 

The Deco has some good design idea and if the automatic channel selection worked then it would be a keeper, but it doesn't. 

Options
2020-07-17 05:49:37

@Stevieruss  @cacb  @GetCart3r 

Hello all, thanks for your understanding and patience again.

We will release new firmware to optimize the channel-chosen mechanism in the future firmware release, which won't be long.

Good days.

Options
2020-07-17 06:14:18 - last edited 2020-07-17 06:23:25

@TP-Link_Deco 

It's been way too long already. Many people have been paying full price for an internet service which is choked by an automatic channel selection that doesn't work and has not been fixed.

If you choose to restrict a user from manually selecting the operating channel (which makes no sense to me at all as I have ancient routers that allow this) and decide that an automatic channel selection is the way forward, then at least release the device knowing that it actually works. It doesn't, but you released it anyway and you don't fix it.

It's been years and this has not been fixed which to me suggests one of two things.

1. Tp-Link don't care whether it works or not as people keep buying it.

2. It's unfixable so just keep the dream alive that it will be fixed some time soon so people don't jump ship.

1. is clearly true. 2. has already worn very thin and people are rightly cheesed off at hearing the same promises of a fix. Three words to people that are similarly hacked off at the promises, then the silence, then more promises. Netgear Orbi RBR50.

Tp-link do NOT care about this problem and time has proven this. Coming back here hoping for the good news that they have suddenly started to care about their bugs has proven to be fruitless so take my advice and give up believing in their false promises and stop wasting money on a system that will likely choke your internet speed in built up areas.

Options
2020-07-25 17:23:40

+1 --> I am in the same situation.

We nNeed this feature, because there is a lot of interference with my neighbors !!!

My Deco models are the P9.

Options
Re:Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-07-25 17:48:25
In the middle of 2020 still the same :(
Options
Re:Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-07-25 17:55:23

oldearlyadopter wrote

I have the same question re the M5, it is rediculous that you cant change it

Does TP Link answer the forums? how can we request new features.... or features it should just have?

@oldearlyadopter 2020 still the same...(( Important and at the same time very basic func. is not available... they think you should check radio channels in your spot before, and then make a deceision.

Options
2020-07-25 18:29:19

@TP-Link_Deco  Are they also going to implent it on the M5? Because it drives me crazy i cannot change de channel ID.. 

The whole product is pretty useless without the ability to change it.

Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles