Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

384 Reply
Re:Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-07-25 18:31:40

@ResetIT @oldearlyadopter  Looks like TP link staff answered in comments 136 & 140 saying it won't be long.....but I'm not holding my breath.

Being in software dev myself, I know companies push for a minimal viable product.  I just wish the product owners took this feedback seriously sooner. 

A number of commenters have posted that the channel change features not available on many other mesh systems.  If TP-link jumped on this it would put their product ahead of others.  Missed opportunity TP link product owners!

ResetIT wrote

oldearlyadopter wrote

I have the same question re the M5, it is rediculous that you cant change it

Does TP Link answer the forums? how can we request new features.... or features it should just have?

@oldearlyadopter 2020 still the same...(( Important and at the same time very basic func. is not available... they think you should check radio channels in your spot before, and then make a deceision.

Options
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-07-30 02:45:37
I fully agree...the TP-Link mesh system could be alot better if the wifi channel change feature was available to all Users.
Options
2020-07-31 22:34:37

@TP-Link_Deco 

I cant beleive that a company such as TP link has products where the most basic of features are not available. Appreciate that these are not high end devcies, but this is the first device I have come across which you cant change the wifi channel!

Ive only just bought it but considering returning it because of this. 

Options
2020-07-31 22:37:51

@Stevieruss Ive just ditched the Netgear Orbi for this. 

Wasnt overly impressed to be honest. I was 50/50 between this and the Tenda Nova and went TP link after watching a few reviews. Sadly they didnt review the lack of administration!

Options
2020-08-01 08:02:12

@Marko2807 

Orbi to this? Oh..

All the reviews I read didn't mention not only the channel lock issue but the fact that the automatic mode is as good as useless..

Options
2020-08-04 20:05:30

@TP-Link_Deco I recwbtly  purchased M9 Plus and not having ability to change WiFi Channel is big problem. The channel router selected is interfering with my wireless speakers and without able to change the channel I have no option but to return the router. Is there any trick for router to choose a different channel? When do you think you will be releasing fix for this?

Thanks 

Options
2020-08-06 21:16:49

@Hami 

Have the same problem with P9. If' I'd known about this I wouldn't have bought it.  Changing the channel should be basic functionality, and it's evident that the development team have been trying and failing to implement this for more than a year.

The automatic function is worse than useless. It has selected the busiest channel in my area, as evidenced by my Wifi Analyzer app .

Options
2020-08-07 15:46:35

@TP-Link_Deco can we please get an update on this? 

TP-Link is loosing customers with this and it's easily one of the biggest requests. Even if released as a beta for people to test the firmware. I need to expand my home network and I would rather not get rid of TP-Link and move to another product but I need advanced control. 

Thank you

Options
2020-08-09 08:26:11

@TP-Link_Deco ist there a beta tester program, so I could use the newest features (like channel selection) on my own responsibility? I would be happy to eventually report bugs.

With kind regards,

Trusch

Options
2020-08-12 01:43:48

@TP-Link_Deco The inability to change a channel coupled with a garbage channel algorythim is leading me to believe this hardware is garbage and needs to be sent back to the vendor. The wireless channels are sitting RIGHT on top of a different devices channel and won't change (CH 36 in 5GHz) and your garbage selector is chosing channel 10 on 2.4GHz! No idiot that designs hardware since 2008 has thought that any channel on 2.4GHz should be on anything but 1,6,11. Anything else and you're idiotically stomping on two other channels! Either give me the ability to change channels manually since your software is garbage OR give me my money back. Thanks.

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@IanPH  @TTinz  @Rha.  @TIMNIC 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Thank you all for sharing your opinions and valued suggestions again. Apologies that manually choosing a channel for the Deco network is currently not available and this feature request has been forwarded to the developers for months and they are working on it, which will be available in the near future. It is suggested to keep an eye on the Deco app or on the TP-Link official website as we will update the information once there are any updates. 

At the current stage, however, we cannot provide an exact ETA to our customers as the developers need to evaluate the feasibility to add new features and do round and round tests to ensure its performance. Most importantly, we cannot only add just one single feature in the new firmware release, thus a new firmware generally has multiple features added and bugs fixed to improve the performance of the whole mesh system. We believe that you guys need a new firmware that is more powerful and much more suitable for most requests but not to be our best testers

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and understanding. Have a nice day.

Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles