Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

400 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-08-17 15:42:56

@TP-Link_Deco 

Can someone please update this tread with information on this bug? This is driving me bananas! Today I literally had to swap out my M9's for a old D-Link router which is only 10/100 and it's giving me better speeds than the M9 due to the channel issues. 

Options
2020-09-03 05:41:44
You have told us the same for 1,5 years. Can you please give a date for this? I currently need to have a separate Asus AP for 2.4GHz as Deco don't let me change channel. I will soon change to another brand if you dont come with a solution for this ASAP!
Options
Re:Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-09-05 14:33:13

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin. It's been over a year since this discussion and I still don't see any option to change the channel?

Options
2020-09-05 20:05:45

@TP-Link_Deco 

Don't  believed them.  TpLink has no intention on fixing this channel issue.  I have been waiting for a fix since Deco M5.   It's too late for me, if anyone just bought this, return immediately.  Don't waist your like me.  

Options
2020-09-08 21:20:40

@TP-Link_Deco 

Can the team please respond to this? 

we know everyone is frustrated but with the amount of money we're spending on these devices it would be nice to get a clear answer. 

Is TP-Link working to fix this issue? 
Will this be fixed for the M5 and M9 or will it be corrected for the next model? 

Frustration is setting in with everyone due to lack of communication on the issue. TP-Link needs to reply to this topic with answer that's not a run around. 

Thank you,

Options
2020-09-09 12:54:10 - last edited 2020-09-09 12:54:42

@TP-Link_Deco 

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@IanPH  @TTinz  @Rha.  @TIMNIC 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Thank you all for sharing your opinions and valued suggestions again. Apologies that manually choosing a channel for the Deco network is currently not available and this feature request has been forwarded to the developers for months and they are working on it, which will be available in the near future. It is suggested to keep an eye on the Deco app or on the TP-Link official website as we will update the information once there are any updates. 

At the current stage, however, we cannot provide an exact ETA to our customers as the developers need to evaluate the feasibility to add new features and do round and round tests to ensure its performance. Most importantly, we cannot only add just one single feature in the new firmware release, thus a new firmware generally has multiple features added and bugs fixed to improve the performance of the whole mesh system. We believe that you guys need a new firmware that is more powerful and much more suitable for most requests but not to be our best testers

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and understanding. Have a nice day.

Can we please have this removed as a "Solution" as a solution for this bug has not been resolved or found. People reading this topic see it as being resolved when it has not been resolved.

Options
2020-09-10 02:13:01
I have an M5. Having terrible results with 5GHz. It is because it chose the first channel. This is a busy channel with lots of neighbors on it. I scan the channels and there are 5-6 other good choices. If the Deco cannot find the best channel, let us choose.
Options
2020-09-10 13:29:42

Just leave bad reviews on Amazon and other places.

That will wake them up.  And these are not fake reviews as we are all suffering bad service.

Options
2020-09-10 13:29:56

That will wake them up.  And these are not fake reviews as we are all suffering bad service.

Options
2020-09-10 13:30:31

Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles