Download speed same with T9UH or internal Wireless card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-07 11:11:10

Hi everyone,

To put it simply, I bought a T9UH to improve my internet speeds thinking my Intel AC1760 wasn't working correctly.

For context: I've an HP Pavilion 17 laptop, and my ISP plan is 500dl/50up.

Using the internal chip (Intel) my link speed shows 433.33, and any speed test does not surpass 225 mbps. The upload speed always reached the max (50 mpbs).

Using the Tp-Link T9UH, my link speed is 1.3Gbps, but any speed test still stays the same (225mbps max, 50mbps on upload).

I've another laptop (Toshiba Tecra Z50), with an Intel AC8265. This one reaches 430 mbps dl and also 50 mbps up.

Both laptops are connected wirelessly to my TP-Link AC5400 router. Both are configured the same way, and neither has a set priority or anything of the sort. They're both just as far from the router too.

What I've been trying to figure out is why is it that my HP laptop simply cannot go over 225 mbps download, even with a solid link speed of 1.3Gbps while the Toshiba can (with an 866 mbps link speed).

Any ideas, thoughts or guesses will be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 0