Are there plans for a HS220 switch that doesn't require a neutral wire?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-07 14:52:54

I live in an older building and would really rather use the existing wiring than running a whole new wire for one switch. I know that other manufacturers have tackled the neutral wire issue. Is this in the works for TP Link? You have great products and I own a lot of them. I'd hate to ditch the whole system for this one issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Are there plans for a HS220 switch that doesn't require a neutral wire?
2019-02-07 15:46:05

Generally wifi devices are power hungry so a battery version is probably unlikely.  You might look at zigbee switches to see if you can integrate them into your automation system.  The zigbee switches work well on batteries but they need a hub and tend to be expensive.

Android tablets/phones, especially older ones, are quite inexpensive (a low end phone from target/bestbuy is cheaper than a TP Link switch), and make great little home autonation control panels.  You can place them where needed with a touch screen to select and control the lights, including stuck to the wall in place of or beside and existing switch or centrally in a main room.  Afternarket apps give you a variety of widgets for laying out your panel exactly how you'd like - for example a weather station, a clock, plus multiple touch/toggle button widgets for TP Link bulbs, switches or outlets.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Are there plans for a HS220 switch that doesn't require a neutral wire?
2019-02-12 07:19:07

Hello, the neutral wire is necessary now to power up the switch itself now, while we can feed back to our R&D department and they can work on it.

You can keep an eye on our official website or contatc us for further information.

Hope your understanding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1636

Replies: 2