Smart Plugs have all dropped off my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-10 14:48:09

I have six HS100 smart plugs. Today they all dropped off my network for some reason. My router hasn't reset or anything, so I wondered if there was something going on centrally today, maybe the Kasa server. Anyone else see the same thing?

Options
12 Reply
Re:Smart Plugs have all dropped off my network
2019-02-11 03:34:49

Hello Dreek, please ensure that the wifi lights are solid green, if not, you can try to reboot the smart plugs and the main router. 

Otherwise, please follow the instruction to give it a shot first: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2227.html 

Options
2019-03-05 19:50:16

Dreek, were you able to solve the problem? I'm having the same issue, all 5 plugs dropped off and I'm not able to reconnect. Reset the pug, changed my wifi name, reinstalled the app, no success. Any tipps?

Options
Re:Re:Smart Plugs have all dropped off my network
2019-03-06 03:29:11

Hello, what is the led status of the 5 plugs? And what is the model number?

After reset the plug and changed the wifi name, it is suggested to reconfigure these smart plugs.

Below is the setup instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/HS100.html#video or https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2319.html

Note: Please use the home wifi password to configure it. And please power on one device to set it up at once.

May it work. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart Plugs have all dropped off my network
2019-03-06 06:37:20

Hey Kevin, HS100. The LED was red suddenly on all 5 devices.  After resetting, they flash green/orange, the app is able to connect the plug as wifi, but then in the next steps on Kasa does not find my home Wifi and therefore cannot add the devices to Kasa. Nothing had changed on my Wifi before this happened. Now aiming to reconnect them, I've changed my Wifi name, but the app doesn't find it. Made it invisible and manually typed in the name, no success either. reverted changes, still no success. I'm trying 1 plug at a time, but it is the same problem with all. 

Options
2019-03-06 11:23:42

without making further changes, today suddenly all plugs were being able to reconnect. 

Options
2019-03-06 18:23:37

and now all plugs show deep red again. Is there a new evening routine that disables all plugs? angry

Options
2019-03-07 07:52:39

Hi, Kalinda80, that is weird, you can contact the tech support with the forum link attached to get some specific help.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

PS: As far as I'm concerned, the network stability of main router's wifi is important. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart Plugs have all dropped off my network
2019-03-07 18:16:26

Absolutely weird. My network is stable (work from home). Day 3 now, clock turns 7pm, all plugs which have been green all day turn to red simultaneously. Right now, the only devices that use wifi are the plugs and my pc to write this message . I bet that tomorrow 8 am all will show green again, like today. The plugs seem to run on schedule though, yet I can't control them through Kasa obviously. Support was contacted on Day one, still no response.

Options
2019-03-08 07:32:18

I was right, 8:30 et voila, all plugs are green again. I'd wish support would respond, this can't stay that way.

Options
2019-03-11 02:39:07

Hi Kalinda,

The current situation is weird like you said, and we would like to follow up your case via email to get more details; please reply to us if you got an email from us. And then we will try our best to solve your problem. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2425

Replies: 12