NC450 only view-able using 4G and home Wi-Fi. Unable to view using other Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-12 06:23:34

Hi Guys, hopefully someone can shed some light on my situation. Thanks in advance.

I purchased 3 sets of NC450 for home use and managed to get it set up and working properly. 

However the problem arises when i try to access the camera using another Wi-Fi (from work or parents place).

So I've resorted to only using Mobile 4G to view the cams. 

This Wi-Fi problem persist even after changing computers or devices (laptops, tablets, phones etc). As long as I am not using my home wifi access, i will not be able view the cams unless on Mobile 4G. 

Is there anyone else having this problem?

or did i missed out a step during the set up?

Options
4 Reply
Re:NC450 only view-able using 4G and home Wi-Fi. Unable to view using other Wi-Fi
2019-02-12 07:03:52

Hello, please ensure that you can view the video via 4G mobile, if it works,  that means it can be controlled remotely, and we need check any limits on other wifi networks.

Besides, it is suggested to login to the cloud website to check whether you can find your camera. https://www.tplinkcloud.com/ 

Options
Re:Re:NC450 only view-able using 4G and home Wi-Fi. Unable to view using other Wi-Fi
2019-02-12 10:33:37

Hi Kevin_Z,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i can confirm that i am able to view the cams feeds using 4G Mobile data.

and here is the best part. If i hotspot my 4G Mobile data to any devices (pc, laptop, ipad etc) i am able to access the cams and view its feeds using all devices. 

the problem only start when i am on any other WiFi except my home. i.e. work, parents place. hotel, etc.

on the app, i can log in but the feeds will be in perpetual loading state (grey background) and refuses to load.

same goes accessing the cams through cloud website, (https://www.tplinkcloud.com/).

i am able to find my 3 cams but it will be in perpetual loading state as well, no video or audio feeds.

this problem persist irregardless of devices.

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC450 only view-able using 4G and home Wi-Fi. Unable to view using other Wi-Fi
2019-02-18 03:04:22

Bump!

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC450 only view-able using 4G and home Wi-Fi. Unable to view using other Wi-Fi
2019-02-19 06:26:12

Please try to disable the firewall on the main router to have a try.

Meanwhile, it is suggested to enable DMZ for the cameras on the main router to do a comparison analysis. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 970

Replies: 4