Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
2019-02-13 09:37:16 - last edited 2019-02-13 21:13:39

Ok so i was referred to this brand routers because of their firmware. Essentially what im trying to do is create a guest network with limited bandwidth. I was told tp links firmware has an option to do this specifically. Ive tried QoS on my current netgear router but i dont believe it works properly/efficiently. Its also a nuissance trying to track down any new devices that connect to my network by mac address to setup Qos.MX Player

I have a 30 meg plan through my provider. What i want to do is create and limit a guest network so that no matter how many devices are attached they all share a capped (15meg) network. Has anyone done this through their firmware?SHAREit

Looking through amazon i saw a specific model TC-W7960 (N300) combo modem/router. I emailed the manufacturer directly through their live expert agent option but just received an unhelpful answer. They basically told me that model is only a modem, which it clearly says its not. (The TC-W7960 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 modem with a 300Mbps Wi-Fi router to help you get more from your Internet). Then they just referred me to 10 different model numbers of ONLY routers. I could just get a router but when i saw this combo unit i thought it would be a better choice since my modem is from like 2009. Anyway just wanted to see if i could receive a more helpful answer here since contacting their support agents was just a waste of time.UC Browser

Options
2 Replies
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
2019-02-14 06:53:50

TC-W7960 supports guest network, while there is no way to setup bandwidth control . You can refer to the user manual: https://static.tp-link.com/2017/201711/20171113/1910011917_TC-W7960(US)_UG_V2.pdf

Besides, I chekced some cable modem router, and none of them can satisfy your needs yet. 

Options
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
Saturday

Thank you so much for the wonderful website. Which made my day and got full information about Ac Market. Loved this website and recommended for all the users.

Ac Market

https://acmarket.one/

Options