AC1300 Deco M5 Configuration - HELP how to improve

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-14 08:56:28

Good morning, I installed the 3 Deco M5 in my house and it works fine, I'm very happy and the wifi performance are great!

Thisi is my home installation:

I have the 3 deco m5 installed 2 on the first floor and the third on the second floor.

First floor:

Internet Modem (with one ethernet port) connected to -> 1 giga switch TP-Link TL-SG105 connected to -> the main Deco is connected to the giga swith via ethernet cable

Second deco M5 in the kitchen connected via wifi to the main deco.

Second floor:

I have the second giga switch giga switch TP-Link TL-SG108 connected to the first TL-SG105 of the first floor via cable.

Third deco M5  connected via wifi to the main deco.

Operative mode: Router

Fast roaming: ON

IPv4 Dynamic

iPv6 off

Main network at 2.4 GHz & 5Ghz

Guest network Only 2.4GHz

I have 4 questions about the installation to know if my istallation is OK and to know what I have to do to the right installation.

1. May I connect the third deco M5 directly to the giga switch TP-Link TL-SG108 at the second floor? This because the swtich at the second floor is connected via cable to the swith of the first floor, in thiw way the 3rd deco will take a full signal from the network?

2. Is better to connect the unique ethernt port of internet modem directly to the main deco m5 and use the second port of M5 to to connet it directly to the giga switch TP-Link TL-SG105? Or is better to keep the existing situation?

3. I have google home sytem and I notice that some device are out of network... comparison the past where they where all visible. Do have some suggestion to get all them live?

4. Will be possible in the future manage the on/off of the deco via apps? I have the 3rd deco at second floor near the bedrooms, and I would like automatically switch off/on the deco M5 during the night to avoid to have a full wifi signal in the bedroom during the sliping night.

thanks a lot

Mauro

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1288

Replies: 0