Remote Control Disabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote Control Disabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Remote Control Disabled.
Remote Control Disabled.
2019-02-14 09:42:14

Hi all,

I'm having problems with a couple of my HS110 v2.0 smart plugs that I got off ebay.  In the 'remote control' section of 'settings', it shows disabled.  I then get the further information that ;-

"This devices is bound to another user account.  We cannot activate the remote control function on this device through your account.  You can perform a factory reset to remove account association"

So....

Tried that and you can't remove it with a factory reset.  Why it says this I don't know, maybe it works on older firmware versions or the V1 HW plugs.

But...

Even though it says disabled, i can actually control them remotely!

I didn't try them remotely before the hard reset, I just did what it said so there's a chance that it's the App (Android) that is giving duff information and they aren't disabled or Tech support are fed up with unbinding all these devices from accounts so letting remote access still work even while it shows disabled!.

Ideally I don't want to leave the remote enabled (especially if it's bound to someone elses account!), so I really need the enable switch back so that I can turn remote access off.

I'd also like the factory reset to remove the account associaton as no doubt at some stage I'll send them on and I don't want the next person to have the same issue.

Matt

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote Control Disabled.
2019-02-15 06:08:51

First, you can try to update the firmware if it is not the latest one. And then you can reset it and reconfigure it to unbind it from another account.

How to reset: With it powered on, hold the settings button for 10s. How to set it up: https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/HS110.html#video & https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-946.html 

After that, you can check whether the remote control works fine. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1040

Replies: 1

Related Articles