Power on / off on schedule but random +/- minutes (15 minutes)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-18 23:37:00 - last edited 2019-02-18 23:43:50
Model: HS105-KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

I would like to power on and power off two lamps in my home every day on a regular schedule but with a random seed of roughly 15 minutes. For example:

• Power on at 6:30 PM +/- 10 minutes (so turn on some time between 6:20 PM and 6:40 PM)
  • Power off at 12:30 AM +/- 15 minutes (so turn off some time between 12 AM - 1 AM)

Is this possible?

I see there's an 'away' mode but that doesn't have the control I'm looking for.

Is there an IFTTT applet that can do this? 

Thanks in advance!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Power on / off on schedule but random +/- minutes (15 minutes)
2019-02-19 08:34:33

Hello, the schedule can turn on/off the device at a certain time, while it can not satisfy your needs.

For the away mode, it will turn on/off the device randomly, so cannot control them regularly. 

Regarding to the IFTTT, once trigger happened, the action will take effect, it won't satisfy your needs as well. 

Options
Re:Re:Power on / off on schedule but random +/- minutes (15 minutes)
2019-02-19 14:48:29

That is unfortunate and works against my focus on 'home automation', at least the automating part. I'll have to seek out another manufacturer. 

Ironically I was intending to replace analog units that can do that. I'll either stick with them or do more research on another manufacturer. 

Thanks for replying. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Power on / off on schedule but random +/- minutes (15 minutes)
2019-02-20 03:21:33

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Per mentioned above, the device may not able  to satisfy your need 100&. While we will feed back your suggestions to our R&D department and then the engineers will work on it and evaluate the feasibility. Wish your understanding. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Power on / off on schedule but random +/- minutes (15 minutes)
2019-02-20 15:16:47
It's easy to do this with TPLink and one of the various automation systems available Mine (AutomationManager for IoT) does this easily with a rule like: At Sunrise delay 15m (random) then turn light ON. This action picks a time between 0-15 minutes with a flat distribution. There's also a more complex "Away" action that uses a random with a normal distribution to control the dwells times for off and on.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Power on / off on schedule but random +/- minutes (15 minutes)
2019-02-21 04:42:53

MikeP, that's exactly what I want! Thank you, I will investigate this and I appreciate your guidance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1301

Replies: 5

Related Articles