Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?

Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?

139 Reply
Re:Conflicting DHCP when Deco in AP mode ?
2019-09-12 22:44:42 - last edited 2019-09-14 23:41:51

@Kevin_Z It would be better if you acknowledged the issue instead of shafting the consumers with lies.  I'm so angry with this issue leading to my wireless CCTV cameras stopping recording on my NVR that I'm at a total loss on how to express this properly so you understand a fix is URGENTLY needed.  I have firmware 1.3.1 running on Deco M5s.

Options
2019-09-15 21:27:48 - last edited 2019-09-15 21:47:35

@GPGeek 

same issue on this thread too.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/160293

Have no idea why TP-Link are so insistent on this not causing issues and giving us a simple "Fully disable DHCP" option.

@Kevin_Z surely you need to start supporting people who are facing this issue and have spent a lot of good money on the product. Can you please provide a decent update, and not one that asks for wireshark captures and router models etc.

Options
2019-11-10 19:36:13

@GPGeek 

Guys this is abnormal. This is my first product from Tp-Link and I have enough now.
Smart home accessories not working properly. Randomly stop working because deco take control with "SMART DHCP"

TP-Link Please do something with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2019-11-22 17:36:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Kevin,

I've again had a mess created on my network due to this smart DHCP behaviour. 

Please urgently offer the option to fully disable any and all DHCP capability when in bridge mode.

This really is a simple situation to avoid. Help your customers.

I ask you at the very least update this thread.

Options
2020-01-14 02:15:36 - last edited 2020-01-14 02:26:42

From time to time my network becomes inactive due to DHCP conflict. 

I NEED TO DISABLE THE DECO DHCP

HOW TO DO THAT?

DECO M5 in AP mode.

Options
2020-01-14 14:10:25

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin - please can you provide some update?

Simply not responding is poor.

Phill

Options
2020-01-17 02:55:22

@GPGeek 

@Kevin_Z 

Chiming in to let TPLink know that this exact thing happened to a Deco network I managed recently.

I had wasted days trying to figure out what happened and why all devices didn't get internet connection.

Here's the gist of the situation :

1. It's a 3 unit Deco M5s in a mesh network, one Deco acting as the AP mode connected by wired Ethernet to an OpenWRT based router.

2. There was a power outage and the router and all Deco was down.

3. When power came back up, I guessed the Deco units booted faster than the OpenWRT router so its smartdumb DHCP Server took over and got activated.

4. And that dumb DHCP server sure did NOT deactivate itself when the main OpenWRT router came up.

In my decades of experience in setting up network devices, I believe this is the first time this kind of thing happened to me. When I set something as an AP, and I want to keep its DHCP Server down, I certainly want to keep it down even across reboots.

I was originally very satisfied with Deco M5s performance when I first installed it. Now I am extremely disappointed that TPLink can't even do this simple thing right.

I guess the my old perception is still true, "TPLink? Good price, decent hardware, but loooousy software"

Options
2020-02-28 02:15:47

@J.Eng 

same issue here

my firmware version on all Deco 5 is 1.3.1

any solutions out there. This is driving me nutts and TP-Link is not even replying. 

we demand some answers and solutions

Options
2020-02-28 10:05:09

@DomTheRag 

I gave up trying to figure out that problem.

It was installed in my parents' house and they kept pestering me whenever their WiFi was connected but there is no internet connection (because of the DHCP problem).

I caved in and bought another unit of Deco M5, set that as the Main Router (so the whole mesh is no longer in AP mode anymore).

Never had a problem with DHCP again, yet.

Does it work? Yes.

Am I satisfied? Definitely NO. I miss the features from the OpenWRT router.

Options
2020-02-28 11:58:26

@J.Eng 

but I can't believe that a company like TP-Link are not doing anything about this

it is not normal that a customer spends hundreds of dollars and they are stuck with a big problem. 

i understand that it's technology and it's not perfect but in this case they should work on the problem and figure out a new firmeware. 

they most important they should a least acknowledge the problem. 

im so disappointed and mad that I have this problem. 

Options