Communication between LAN & Wifi issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-20 10:55:07 - last edited 2019-02-20 11:27:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20181227 Rel. 78313

I have just setup a system containing 4 TP-Link Deco M5's, the end user had setup the units as an access point.  But had had issues with numerous devices connected to the network.  I have now changed it to Router mode and all wireless device are connecting perfectly.  The issue he is now having is that his desktop PC has a usb connected printer shared so he can connect from his laptop but this is now not available.  Is there a reason why i can see the desktop pc from the wirelessly connected laptop ?  They appear to be on the same ip range.

Thanks ARUK

Options
1 Reply
Re:Communication between LAN & Wifi issues
2019-02-27 03:12:12

How did the end user use the USB printer before he use the Deco system? Did he connect the USB printer to the old router's USB port, and then do the USB sharing settings on the old router? This is the general way. 

Deco does not support USB sharing function right now, please try to ping the laptop's IP address on the desktop pc, if you can ping through, the issue should be the USB sharing problem. And please make sure the laptop is connecting to the Deco's Main network, not the Guest network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 1