Incorrect Passowrd for Smart Bulb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-22 11:31:04
Model: LB100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

I have tried connecting to the bulbs wifi network as part of the Kasa set up from both a iPhone and IPad but on both it says Incorrect Password in the wifi set up on the ipad/phone..... yet I have not got far enough yet to set a password ??

I have tried the factory reset (off/on 5 times) but no change ?

I am using wpa2-PSK on my APs but this is the connect to the bulb as part of the set up so assume that is irrelevant

Any ideas ??

Options
2 Reply
Re:Incorrect Passowrd for Smart Bulb
2019-02-26 06:04:09

Please note the bulb's default wifi is a open network, we can not set up a password for that, and it will disappear after we set up the bulb.

If you get stuck in step e in this manual: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1233.html, please check your router's wifi password first, you can forget your router's wifi on your phone, then reconnect back to it with the password, if you can't reconnect it back, that means the wifi password you put in is incorrect. That's why you can't set up the bulb. 

And please make sure there is your home network shows up in the step e, then put in the correct wifi password.

Options
Re:Incorrect Passowrd for Smart Bulb
2019-04-13 03:11:34

Hello,

I read you have to some issue to connect your smart blub with your wifi. it says the incorrect password.

To rectify this problem you have to first connect your smart blub without a password and check whether its working or not 

If your smart blub not connect with your wifi then there is an issue with your smart blub

If smart blub connected well without password then switch off the blub and restart it and then set up with your wifi password. 

Hope this will help you. 

https://www.experthoot.com/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2360

Replies: 2