Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-20 08:06:00

Hi,

I emailed you the instruction to install the firmware, please check your inbox and give it a go.

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

SveinM wrote

Hi,

I am not going to try using this “fix”. It is way to complicated and with an uncertain result.  The forum feedback should clearly tell you that there are serious problems with build 1.2.8. Release a downgrade to 1.2.4 or make a 1.2.9 that actually works. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-20 08:12:52

Hi,

I emailed you the instruction to try to solve it.

Please notice your inbox and give it a go per the instruction, any updates, just let me know.

Have a nice day. 

Thejudge wrote

I haven’t complained in about a month, but I am also still having issues. The 1.2.8 worked for a while and then it didn’t. Same as everyone else; slow internet, disconnected devices, incorrect password, etc. The worst is that I am burning through data if I don’t constantly check my phone’s internet connection. Total bs!  I have to reboot the whole system (6 hubs) at least once a day to get my phone or other devices to connect. Usually it’s more like 2-3 times a day. Hopefully if we keep the thread alive they’ll eventually listen and go back to the last “working” firmware or give us a new one. Here’s an idea, give us 1.2.4 back and call it 1.2.9 so we think you listened to your so called “valued” customers. 

Options
2019-05-20 08:14:05

Hi,

There is a firmware released to try to solve it, I emailed you the instructions, please notice your inbox.

Any updates, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a good day. 

Harkje wrote

Hi Kevin,

The problems with 1.2.8 build 20190403 rel 40244 are exactly the same as described for 1.2.5, at least for me. Connections drops all the time and slow and poor connections all over the house. The Deco M5 used to work perfectly but now it feels like junk. Are TP working on a fix and when can we have it? Or do I have to buy a solution from sombody else?

Regards

Harald    

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-20 16:18:39

Ok, thanks for the beta.  Its worth a try.  I'll give it a go and report back here.

Options
2019-05-20 20:29:46

Hi, thank you for your reply,

The model is Deco M5 serial number 2186136C00617 EU/2.0

I have 3 decos, one on each floor in an indivual house. 

I tried the router mode and the access point mode. I deactivated the priorities, fast roaming, and did everything you told me, reboot mutliple times and configured a new network after a hard reset. I don't see any improvements, maybe less dropouts in access point mode, but a poor and not reliable connection and globally a bad wifi experience. Of course I also checked my ISP, which is ok. I wish I had not updated the network.

By the way I have another M5 network in a remote place where I go from times to times, I did not updated it yet, and it works beautifully. 
Is there no option to roll back to a previous reliable build ?

best

AM

Options
2019-05-20 20:30:39 - last edited 2019-05-20 20:49:06

The model is Deco M5 serial number 2186136C00617 EU/2.0 I have 3 decos, one on each floor in an indivual house. 
The main deco is connected in RJ45 to my ISP router.

10 devices connected in average. 

I tried the router mode and the access point mode. I deactivated the priorities, fast roaming, beamforming and did everything you told me, reboot mutliple times and configured a new network after a hard reset.

I don't see any improvements, maybe less dropouts in access point mode, but a poor and not reliable connection and globally a bad wifi experience. Up to 3/5 reboot a day in order to enjoy some wifi.

Of course I also checked my ISP, which is ok. I wish I had not updated the network.

And last but not least I also had once a SSID problem, after the update, with my Deco network tooking my neighboor's SSID, renaming itself without warning. I freaked out and changed all my passwords which took me a while of course. Never had this problem again. 

By the way I have another M5 network in a remote place where I go from times to times, I did not updated it yet, and it works beautifully with mostly the same devices.

best

AM

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-21 07:23:35

Okay, any updates, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Thejudge wrote

Ok, thanks for the beta.  Its worth a try.  I'll give it a go and report back here.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-21 07:30:37

Hi,

I emailed you the instruction, you can check your inbox and give it a go.

Any updates, just let me know. 

Good day. 

toni_13 wrote

The model is Deco M5 serial number 2186136C00617 EU/2.0 I have 3 decos, one on each floor in an indivual house. 
The main deco is connected in RJ45 to my ISP router.

10 devices connected in average. 

I tried the router mode and the access point mode. I deactivated the priorities, fast roaming, beamforming and did everything you told me, reboot mutliple times and configured a new network after a hard reset.

I don't see any improvements, maybe less dropouts in access point mode, but a poor and not reliable connection and globally a bad wifi experience. Up to 3/5 reboot a day in order to enjoy some wifi.

Of course I also checked my ISP, which is ok. I wish I had not updated the network.

And last but not least I also had once a SSID problem, after the update, with my Deco network tooking my neighboor's SSID, renaming itself without warning. I freaked out and changed all my passwords which took me a while of course. Never had this problem again. 

By the way I have another M5 network in a remote place where I go from times to times, I did not updated it yet, and it works beautifully with mostly the same devices.

best

AM

Options
2019-05-21 07:59:51

Hi Kevin, thank you ! I keep you posted.

have a good day

Options
2019-05-21 09:31:33
Can i get a copy too
Options
Related Articles