Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-15 11:35:12 - last edited 2019-04-15 13:08:13

leogz wrote

New firmware was released:

Version: 1.2.8 Build: 20190403 Rel. 40244

1. Enhanced system security

2. Improved total performance

Arrive on my 3 deco networks 

A  little to late! After all this time I solved the problem myself. I sold my 3 deco's and bought a Asus RT-AC86U. Coverage and speed is great and most of al no more crappy firmware and bad/slow support to solve the problems anymore. Wish you al the best with the M5's and tp-link support! 

Options
2019-04-15 22:46:20 - last edited 2019-04-15 22:48:05

Ache wrote

Can some administrator move the last posts re the 1.2.8 update to a new thread!?

The posts are valid here; people have been impacted by 1.2.5 for months and are confirming that 1.2.8 seems to be a good fix.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-15 22:47:05 - last edited 2019-04-15 22:48:15

Jowk wrote

Safe to enable fast roaming and beam forming? 

I would say yes; have both enabled and am seeing no problems with devices or in router logs.

Options
2019-04-16 08:20:20

m5owner wrote

I just updated my Deco M5 firmware and it's malfunctioning.  The firmware prior to this one was working really well.  Should I use the beta firmware?

Hi, could you provide more details about malfunctioning?

It's possible that the network topology among Decos has been changed. We recommend to reboot the Deco units one by one and check if it will make a difference. The main Deco comes first to be reboot, then the second one, and then the third one.

Options
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-17 06:12:43

I had serious problems after the 1.2.5 update and the 1.2.5 fix / 1.2.6 update did not help. With the new 1.2.8 update everything seems to be back to normal. I have been running for 5 days now without problems. 

Options
2019-04-17 21:48:08

I had not issues on the last updates but I’m having the issues with the 1.2.8 update. 

Options
2019-04-18 10:32:04

Hi,

I upgraded to version 1.2.8 which seemed to work fine for the last few days.

However, this morning my Google Home devices could not connect to the network and required the Deco discs to be rebooted for them to connect.

However, one of the satellite discs would not reboot properly even following a power cycle and sat flashing amber (the base disc and other satellite disc were green).

Now my base disc will not boot up properly.

Will try to reset the discs tonight when I get home.

Best regards,

Tony

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-25 00:53:53

I agree with the above poster. This update worked great for a couple of days and now, after about 2 weeks, I need to reboot at least once a day. I’m getting pretty tired of the “broken” updates. My iPhone is constantly telling me incorrect password or no internet connection. I forgot the internet, reset my network settings etc. and still no solid fix. Please just give me back 1.24 as this is the last firmware that actually worked without issues! This has been going on for a month or two. 

Options
2019-04-25 07:13:41

GrimReaperMB wrote

I had not issues on the last updates but I’m having the issues with the 1.2.8 update. 

Hi,

Could you please give us a detailed description of the current issue after update the 1.2.8?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-04-25 07:16:57

TonyFrend wrote

Hi,

I upgraded to version 1.2.8 which seemed to work fine for the last few days.

However, this morning my Google Home devices could not connect to the network and required the Deco discs to be rebooted for them to connect.

However, one of the satellite discs would not reboot properly even following a power cycle and sat flashing amber (the base disc and other satellite disc were green).

Now my base disc will not boot up properly.

Will try to reset the discs tonight when I get home.

Best regards,

Tony

Hi,

Is there any error message if your Google home device could not connect to the network? With base disc powered on only, can it join the Deco network?

The base disc won't boot up properly, do you mean that the led indicator shows flashing amber like the satellite one and it won't be solid green?

You can hard reset to give it a go then, any updates, please let us know.

Besides, please tell us your TP-Link ID and the mac address of the Deco units. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Related Articles