NC450 - recording problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

NC450 - recording problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-21 23:05:34 - last edited 2019-07-21 23:08:07

I just bought a new NC450 (I own 2 more), and yesteday when I was testing the configuration, it behaved the same way. It shows the altert, but after it there's no recording. After a few seconds it resumes recording. The other NC450's I own have 16 Gb Kingston micro SD cards, and I never seen that happen. They are all with 1.5.0 firmware. The new one I bought has a Kingston 32 Gb micro SD card.

For what it seems, after that event it resumes recording, and works properly for what I see.

I have it configured to send me photos when it detects motion, both using cloud and using a personal e-mail account. I hope you can solve this soon, since it's important to record the event itself as well.

Options
Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-23 08:50:57

@lachinelli 

Do you mean the 24-hour recording stops working once the alert pops up and then resumes recording again in few seconds? 

If possible, please show us a screenshot or short video of it as well. 

Have you tried to format the SD card to give it a go?

Meanwhile, cause the other camera works fine, try to swap the SD cards between each other to do a comparison analysis. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-24 22:30:56

Yesterday I tested the camera again, but this time it recorded just fine and sent the pictures to my e-mail. It seems it just happened the first time. If I see anything wrong again I'll let you know.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-25 05:54:45

@lachinelli 

Definitely sure, keep you eye on it and test its performance.

Any further problem, just let us know. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-09-20 19:14:50

So, this is the problem I described before. Sometimes, when the alarm triggers, the camera seems to freeze for a moment. As it can be seen in the timeline, there's a gap with no recording, and this is when the alarm triggered. The camera keeps working after that, and detects another movement, but this time it records.

The SD card is new (bought it when I bought the camera) and it formats fine in the camera). I'm worried the camera version (2.1) has something to do with this problem, since I've never seen this happen in the other 2 cameras (v2.0) I own.

@Kevin_Z 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-12-01 16:20:22

Hi, me also facing the same problem and 3 of my tplink cameras sd recording are no longer working

Options
2019-12-04 07:49:08

@Bords 

Could you please provide more information so that we can try to narrown down this case and fix it? Like the model number, hardware/firmware version; the current problem and some pictures(symptoms) and the SD card info. 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
2019-12-14 18:58:54

@Kevin_Z the problem keeps happening, from time to time, in any of my 3 NC450's. I don't think it has to do with the SD card, since when something triggers the alarm, the only recording missing is the alarm itself (the red part). It doesn't happen all the time, but still happens and it's annoying.

Options
2019-12-15 04:12:39

@stawo I must also add that after the above problem appears, I need to restore the camera to factory settings because, in every next motion detection moment, the camera stops recording (or records so that the recording can not be played) and does not send email notifications, even if that the function is on.

Wallmost: Download and check out celebrity wallpapers, and discover the unexpected ways you're connected to your favourite celebrities.

Options
2019-12-16 17:41:53

The problem keeps happening in all of my 3 cameras and we still have no solution to this...

Options
Related Articles