TP Archer T4U speed problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-11 20:26:08 - last edited 2019-03-19 02:28:17
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i just bought an Archer T4U to replace my onboard Realteck pci adapter.

Now i have some huge problem with internet connection. I downloaded the drivers from TP site and reinstalled them but did not work.

When trying to download a file i get 500 kbits/sec., while my network have a 9 mbit/sec. download speed. I can link other devices to my network without problems.

But when trying to use it on my Omen Obelisk pc, the speed just drop under 1 mbs/sec. I tried to reinstall drivers, uninstall totally Realteck device, BIOS updates, Win 10 updates and so on but nothing works.

Can anyone give me some help please?

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem-Solution
2019-03-13 10:49:24 - last edited 2019-03-19 02:28:17

TPUserCH wrote

Hi,

Now i have some huge problem with internet connection. I downloaded the drivers from TP site and reinstalled them but did not work.

When trying to download a file i get 500 kbits/sec., while my network have a 9 mbit/sec. download speed. I can link other devices to my network without problems.

But when trying to use it on my Omen Obelisk pc, the speed just drop under 1 mbs/sec. I tried to reinstall drivers, uninstall totally Realteck device, BIOS updates, Win 10 updates and so on but nothing works.

Thanks

Hello,

Where did you get 500 kbits/sec? from the same Omen Obelisk pc?

Meanwhile, 1MB=1024KB, the speed you get from the 2nd computer is faster than the first one. Regarding to the speed issue, we can do some troubleshooting first:

1. With your computer connected to the wifi, please go to speedtest.net to run it and show us the results.  Meanwhile, please check the wireless link speed as well: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

2. Next to the computer, please connect your smart phone to the wifi and test the speed.

3. How far away between the router and computer? what about the wifi signal strength?

4. What about the hardware version? Is it V3?

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem-Solution
2019-03-14 09:56:40 - last edited 2019-03-19 02:28:24

Hello,

There is driver for V3 in EU site, it is suggested to download the latest one and reinstall it to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-T4U.html#Driver

Besides, you can change different USB port or different computer to do comparison analysis.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem-Solution
2019-03-13 10:49:24 - last edited 2019-03-19 02:28:17

TPUserCH wrote

Hi,

Thanks

Hello,

Where did you get 500 kbits/sec? from the same Omen Obelisk pc?

Meanwhile, 1MB=1024KB, the speed you get from the 2nd computer is faster than the first one. Regarding to the speed issue, we can do some troubleshooting first:

1. With your computer connected to the wifi, please go to speedtest.net to run it and show us the results.  Meanwhile, please check the wireless link speed as well: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

2. Next to the computer, please connect your smart phone to the wifi and test the speed.

3. How far away between the router and computer? what about the wifi signal strength?

4. What about the hardware version? Is it V3?

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem
2019-03-13 18:02:53

Hi,

I made several speed test on speedtest: first one got 9.1 Mbps for downaload. Made a second one and now i get 0.50 Mbps. It seems that speed is good for the first few test but then it drop down quikly. I can connect other devices and have no problem: speed is good. My device is a V3 like this one https://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T4U.html.

On TP site i found V3 drivers but only in the US region. If i go on the EU region site, there are no V3 drivers but only for V1 device which is not mine. I tried to contact HP support but they only told me to reinstall drivers and that did not work.

Options
Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem
2019-03-13 18:05:01

I just made another speedtest and got 36.7 Mbps

Options
Re:Re:Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem-Solution
2019-03-14 09:56:40 - last edited 2019-03-19 02:28:24

Hello,

There is driver for V3 in EU site, it is suggested to download the latest one and reinstall it to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-T4U.html#Driver

Besides, you can change different USB port or different computer to do comparison analysis.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem
2019-03-18 20:07:50

I have the same issue. 

I have a TP link router which can dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

I have the Archer t4u v3 and when i connect to my 2,4ghz connection i get 70/80 mbps connection and when i connect to 5ghz i get max 40 mbps on speedtest.net. 

When i connect with my asus laptop on the 5ghz connection and go to speedtest.net i get easily 140/150 mbps  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem
2019-03-18 21:03:23
THIS WORKED FOR ME! THANKS. Downoading with 200 mbps
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TP Archer T4U speed problem
2019-03-19 01:10:56

Wow, great to know. It works finally. Congrats. 

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3692

Replies: 7

Related Articles